Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
lilly12
Registered Users
seller

Re: Swingsets

My daughter loves swinging, too bad we don't have a yard.
We have a park nearby though so that's good.
If we'd have a yard we'd probably buy a big swing set, I think it'd be so worth it.
Kids love swinging.

Advertisement

Check out my store, we sell onesies and t-shirts.. (like the one in my avatar)
Sweet T's

lilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly12 View Post
My daughter loves swinging, too bad we don't have a yard.
We have a park nearby though so that's good.
If we'd have a yard we'd probably buy a big swing set, I think it'd be so worth it.
Kids love swinging.
I know, right?

Kids love to swing. The swings are always in use when there are children at the playground (or atleast MOST of the time).

so explain to me why half the parks around here have no swings?? drives me nuts. Luckily, ours does, but they're both baby swings. They'd get more use if one was a big kid swing. but whatever

was just discussing this with someone the other day.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Our DS is almost two, he has never been a swinger (ha). He just doesn't really care for it regardless of the type of swing. He loves playing at the playgrounds, none really within walking distance unfortunately. Especially a decent one, so we drive. We do have a big wooden swingset that came with the house and are thinking about upgrading to a nice new rainbow one with tire swing underneath, rock climbing wall, etc but we'll reaccess next year maybe. For now, he goes down the slide once in awhile and we bought a gently used bronco glider off CL that he likes to ride. But really, he probably spends 5 minutes a day average on our swingset so right now it's not worth it to us to buy a new one.

When family is over with other kids, all the kids spend hours playing on the set. It seems to be a social thing.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
pcjs
Registered Users

We use ours all the time and at some point I want to upgrade. I'll probably do Costco. We have a cheap metal one as I just needed something for the baby swing but my son, almost 3, can use the swing now no problem without us as its nice and low to the ground. I don't want to spend the money for a fancy one as the neighbors will just use it and destroy it as they aren't gentle. If I had twins, I'd absolutely go for it. We also have the ikea swing in our basement tied to a rafter.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #15
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A wonderful Rainbow Playset came with our house. DS1 used it some when he was younger but he's 10 now and we are considering putting in a zipline for him. The younger two are 4 and 5 and they use it DAILY. They swing, slide, climb, and swing some more. It is hot, but it is shaded and we set up their kid wash nearby and turn it on to let them cool off in the water. Between the carpenter bees and time in the mulch, it's starting to decompose and won't last much longer. We are thinking we will take the hardware, swings, and slide and rebuild it a bit leaner. DS1 says he'd like us to add monkey bars. I can't justify getting a brand new one though. They are so expensive!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We bought the boys a rainbow swing set this spring. They would use it daily if currently it wasn't 100 degrees outside and in full sun every day. Everytime we are outside they are all over it. I know it will get lots more use when the wearhter cools off a bit. DS1 was not into swinging at all until just recently and now loves it.

we have this one:
http://www.rainbowplay.com/index.php...ith-wood-roof/

i wanted the solid wood roof and not the canvas canapy. We get lots of high winds and storms and there is no way the canvas would hold up.

Last edited by Nerissa; 07-22-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

we got just a basic metal swingset for really cheap. my girls love it! they are on it every chance they get. we had an old wooden one with a playhouse type thing on top. I actually like the metal one better because youngest dd can play on it and I don't worry as much. I was so scared she would fall from the playhouse on the other one.

Sent from my droid using DS Forum
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't think my children would use theirs after the newness wore off. I didn't really want to spend the money, but my husband really wanted to get it for them. Turns out, they love it. We've had it for over a year now and they play on it all the time when they are outside. My oldest is 6.5 and my youngers are 2.

Oh, we got ours at Costco. Great deal on a great product!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
2peanuts1pumpkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs
I didn't think my children would use theirs after the newness wore off. I didn't really want to spend the money, but my husband really wanted to get it for them. Turns out, they love it. We've had it for over a year now and they play on it all the time when they are outside. My oldest is 6.5 and my youngers are 2.

Oh, we got ours at Costco. Great deal on a great product!
Which one did you get, if you don't mind saying? Is it still available? I generally like almost everything we buy at Costco, but I'm nervous about buying such a big ticket item without seeing it in person.
2peanuts1pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #20
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a metal swing set. I prefered the idea to the wooden ones because I knew dh would not keep up with maintenance and I wasn't spending over $2,000 on something that would rot in the yard in under 2 years. My brother and I grew up playing on a metal set much smaller than what I bought for my boys and we were still on it into our teens (it lasted forever). We actually have a park directly across the street from our house but both of my boys have special needs and I can't trust them there alone so it is less than convenient to get them there all of the time. My youngest who needs a lot of physical activity to not drive us all crazy can be on his swing set whenever he wants now in the safety of his own back yard. He even plays out there in his PJ's right after breakfast some mornings. I don't have to ever say "sorry I can't let you play right now I have to help your brother with his school work" I can always say yes unless the weather is just awful. Dh and FIL have been promising to build a fort in the yard for the boys as well but it hasn't happened yet. It is supposed to replace the Little Tykes climber that they outgrew. I'm hopeful it will happen soon as I know the boys would love a "club house".

This is what we have http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportspowe..._fb_revshr_001 and my boys are 10 and 6 and love it.

Now I will say if I had the money to spend I would have bought this http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
I just could not justify that kind of price and size with a park across the street so close. However it is sturdier and longer lasting than a majority of the wooden sets and at a similar price.

I like this version too http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 But it is more for older kids.

My boys are angling for the jungle gym for Christmas this year. I'm considering it but it will depend on if we can figure out the room in the back yard.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote