Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: Swingsets

We have a Cedarworks set. We got it about 4 years ago. It is played on just about every day. Both DS (7) and DD (4) love it.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
2peanuts1pumpkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976
We have a Cedarworks set. We got it about 4 years ago. It is played on just about every day. Both DS (7) and DD (4) love it.
Thanks. I'm leaning more and more towards the Cedarworks, since it doesn't need to be stained or anything ever. Did you design your own? Did you assemble it yourself? Sorry to be so nosy.
2peanuts1pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
2peanuts1pumpkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110
We have a metal swing set. I prefered the idea to the wooden ones because I knew dh would not keep up with maintenance and I wasn't spending over $2,000 on something that would rot in the yard in under 2 years. My brother and I grew up playing on a metal set much smaller than what I bought for my boys and we were still on it into our teens (it lasted forever). We actually have a park directly across the street from our house but both of my boys have special needs and I can't trust them there alone so it is less than convenient to get them there all of the time. My youngest who needs a lot of physical activity to not drive us all crazy can be on his swing set whenever he wants now in the safety of his own back yard. He even plays out there in his PJ's right after breakfast some mornings. I don't have to ever say "sorry I can't let you play right now I have to help your brother with his school work" I can always say yes unless the weather is just awful. Dh and FIL have been promising to build a fort in the yard for the boys as well but it hasn't happened yet. It is supposed to replace the Little Tykes climber that they outgrew. I'm hopeful it will happen soon as I know the boys would love a "club house".
This sounds like my kids as well...they really need a lot of physical activity and rough housing.
2peanuts1pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read all of the responses, but I have a 6yo and 21mo. They use the swing set A LOT!~ Both of them. Its a wooden one that has 3 levels, a twisty slide, tire swing, platform swing, two regular swings, a ladder, pole and chain ladder. It was gifted to us by a friend who'd had it for about 10 yrs, we got it 3 yrs ago. Its still in good condition. We maintain it, decently, with water sealant. It is starting to need some boards replaced and the plastic on the chains is a little sticky.
Seriously though, they gravitate toward it!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #25
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

We bought a swingset for DS for his 1st birthday just recently. There is a park a few miles from our house, but it's a bad neighborhood so we don't go there. DS seems to like the swing set. His favorite part is the steering wheel, though we finally got the baby swings so he can actually swing now
This is the one we got:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...FindSrc=search

It was on sale for $350 and I had coupons though. I know it went on sale a second time since then too, for even cheaper.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #26
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peanuts1pumpkin View Post
Which one did you get, if you don't mind saying? Is it still available? I generally like almost everything we buy at Costco, but I'm nervous about buying such a big ticket item without seeing it in person.
We bought ours at the Costco store. So, we were able to see it in person. They don't have it on the website, but they have something very similar to it each year in store. Here is the one we have. It has a climbing wall on the other side that you can't see.

I've rarely bought anything at Costco that wasn't great quality and the playground was no exception to that. We've only had it a year, but it has held up very well. The brand name is something like Cedar Summit. We didn't have to stain it or anything, just put it together which wasn't too hard. It did take 2 of us though.

Good luck finding something!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #27
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peanuts1pumpkin View Post
Thanks. I'm leaning more and more towards the Cedarworks, since it doesn't need to be stained or anything ever. Did you design your own? Did you assemble it yourself? Sorry to be so nosy.
We designed our own. It is small, since our backyard is small, but perfect for what we need. These aren't the best photos, but it will give you an idea of the size. They also prove that we use it in all kinds of weather.

My DH put it together. It got tricky at one part, but we called Cedarworks and they talked him through it. And no need to apologize, for what you would be spending on a Cedarworks set, it is good that you be 100% sure about what you want.

ETA: In 4 years we've never had to do any maintenance to the swing set and it is in perfect shape. It's one of the reasons we went with Cedarworks.

Last edited by jac1976; 07-24-2012 at 05:31 AM.
jac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #28
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe I don't have pic of ours...
You can see it in the background of these two pics. Its an older model...approx. 13ys old and still going strong. Daily use here!

I *THINK* its a rainbow brand, but not 100% sure. I will check when I can.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #29
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith View Post
I can't believe I don't have pic of ours...
You can see it in the background of these two pics. Its an older model...approx. 13ys old and still going strong. Daily use here!

I *THINK* its a rainbow brand, but not 100% sure. I will check when I can.
I am so jealous. Ours is at least 10 yrs old and it is falling apart due to wood rot and carpenter bees. Most of the hardware seems to be in great condition-except for near the ground where it's rotting/rusting. It's in mulch-no way to grow grass under it in our heavily shaded back yard.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #30
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
We bought ours at the Costco store. So, we were able to see it in person. They don't have it on the website, but they have something very similar to it each year in store. Here is the one we have. It has a climbing wall on the other side that you can't see.

I've rarely bought anything at Costco that wasn't great quality and the playground was no exception to that. We've only had it a year, but it has held up very well. The brand name is something like Cedar Summit. We didn't have to stain it or anything, just put it together which wasn't too hard. It did take 2 of us though.

Good luck finding something!
I've been looking into buying something similar for my 3yo dd as she REALLY needs the climbing for her low muscle tone and hypermobility. I had looked into a cheaper metal swingset but she LOVES to climb so I'm not sure that would work out. You're swingset is AMAZING!!! Pretty much my dream swingset!

Heather- Would you mind me asking how much that cost at Costco?