Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any research by Dr Tenpenny.

Advertisement

LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heated Topic: Vaccinating... but I have a serious question

I also think it is a good idea to go to the http://www.cdc.gov/ website. Look at the statistics of outbreaks for XYZ that is being vaccinated for. That also helps you to calculate how much of a risk you are taking if you choose to selectively/delay vax vs non-vax- vs on the schedule vaxing. Also consider how the disease is transmitted. Is it a blood borne illness like hep B?

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

I will have to find the link, but I read an article Dr. Sears wrote which included statistics and a chart on the subject of vaccinations. It was specifically showing how aluminum in vaccinations has been proven to be neuro-toxic. He was speaking to the negative effects of aluminum on premature infants. Giving premature infants vaccinations proved harmful to their brains. Due to the ratio of aluminum compared to an infant's body weight it created a toxicity in which their bodies could not properly rid the aluminum. The chart I saw shows how many micro grams of aluminum are in each vaccination on market. I believe it was also suggested the proper amount of aluminum that could be handled by the body based on a persons body weight. Anyway...I found it really interesting. Although the study was done with premature infants....the levels according to the chart showed amounts of aluminum that are enough to make any of us question if the vaccines are actually safe or not in regarding just aluminum content alone. My personal stance on vaccines are: I give each vaccine individually-one per visit. I look up the brand and the ingredients. If I feel more comfortable with one brand over the other....like for example I would prefer to just give my kids a single vaccine and not a combo vaccine when available. Some vaccines I just avoid altogether though. I do some Praying Hope this can bring some additional insight on the topic. I will try to find the article again.

To the original poster, the article below is written by a naturopathic doctor.
Here is an article written by a Dr. paraphrasing parts of the article written by Dr. Sears concerning aluminum amounts in our current vaccines:
http://www.drzimmermann.org/problem-aluminum-vaccines

Last edited by EssentialGoodz; 07-25-2012 at 07:19 PM.
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

i just wanted to add...that I really love that we can all talk openly about our choices in vaccinating our children. I am in the same boat...just trying to be a parent always looking out for my little ones- still questioning each vaccine and the ingredients in it.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I can say I have been extremely frustrated, crying even, trying to make sense out of all the stuff I was reading. But I feel that no one is completely honest with their statistics, and each side goes way overboard trying to discredit the other. I do know that without medical advances, we would still have higher infant mortality rates because they have a harder time managing these diseases than an older child. I wish I could find some real studies and facts regarding the long term effects of vaccine injury. How do they know it forever weakens your immune system, or causes cancer or allergies? How would they even run that test? We have taken out all processed foods, chemicals, we take our probiotics, eat mostly organic meat, so what effect would they have on a healthy person? The statistics for death from these diseases is higher than death from the vaccine. So if we all don't vaccinate, will we see an increase in infant or child deaths? or will we as a society be healthier? both my parents are deaf because of mumps, so I know that terrible things can happen from the diseases, so I am trying to weigh what does worse damage. I need to read the dr. Sears book, so I can get some peace. I dont know if I could forgive myself if my child died from meningitis or measles or paralized from polio when I could have prevented it. I would always wonder, and to top it off, we are moving to another country, where who knows which of these are flying around. So conflicted
Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some of these are written by MDs
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/books-and-media/

And I just read this, it has references at the end. Written by an MD
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...umphries-md-3/
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquelita
I really like Dr. Sears 'The Vaccine Book' as I felt it strove to be balanced and present all angles on the vaccination issue. It was not scare-mongering from either side of things which I appreciated.
Nice, I'm going to look in to that book! My 22 m old is not vaccinated due to medical problems.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
mamamermaid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dh and I are both RN.'s and we don't vaccinate. I like Aviva jill Romm's vaccination book and What Your Doctor May not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave MD. As nurses, we feel like we are making the right choice for our family.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't figure it all out either. Like Dh says, it all depends on who pays for the study. Seems as though you can find a study supporting or refuting any topic out there.

In the end I vax, but no more that 3 at a time (not 3 shots three diseases). My 2nd daughter had a 105 degree fever after recieving a ton of shots with multiple combinations when she was young. So we stagger them out. I make sure that I get the timed ones first (like pertissus is given at a certain age and quite important when thier babes), others are staggered out. It creates conflict with the medical community but they can bite me.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #20
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamermaid View Post
My dh and I are both RN.'s and we don't vaccinate. I like Aviva jill Romm's vaccination book and What Your Doctor May not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave MD. As nurses, we feel like we are making the right choice for our family.
Great! I'll have to check that one out