Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #21
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heated Topic: Vaccinating... but I have a serious question

Quote:
Originally Posted by remrath View Post
Some of these are written by MDs
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/books-and-media/

And I just read this, it has references at the end. Written by an MD
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...umphries-md-3/
Hey,I think I know you, I think I met you at the Super Target in Cordova a Loooooooooooong time ago

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #22
mrskfs87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There's a video out there called The Greater Good. I highly recommend it. You should be able to find it via google.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

FEEDBACK & MY BLOG
mrskfs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

in lieu of reading one of the posted articles, I was very dismayed because you are screwed if you vaccinate and screwed if you don't, because by not vaccinating, you wont be exposed to the diseases early enough in life to be able to be "ok" from them because they aren't floating around and mothers who have been vaccinated don't make milk that has rich antibodies to protect their infants, so they are screwed by the non-vaccinating people, but the vaccinating group is screwed because of the possible vaccine injury, possibility of not being immune, and by the society at large trying to rid a disease from existence, has actually made us weaker because the strain that is injected isn't good enough to protect, and create life-long immunity like catching the disease would, instead, you need many, MANY MANY boosters to keep up with the immunity, instead of getting all those things as children and being done with it. The article says that babies faired decently well because of breast milk from immune moms, which we won't be able to replicate in our generation because as far as I know, all of us 30+ year old moms have all been vaccinated. So, if we choose not to vaccinate, we will be helping future generations, not necessarily our children, so basically, our generation is, yet again, screwed. Oh what a tangled web we weave!!!

So what is the lesser of the two evils? I can rely on "herd immunity" because enough people around me have been vaccinated so that would protect my baby, but what happens when they are older and get these childhood diseases that are serious for adults??? Still so CONFLICTED!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

The Guggie Daly blog has info and links about vaxes.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamermaid View Post
My dh and I are both RN.'s and we don't vaccinate. I like Aviva jill Romm's vaccination book and What Your Doctor May not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave MD. As nurses, we feel like we are making the right choice for our family.
Overall, I thought it was a great book with some more on the political side that usually isn't taken into account, but I feel to be valid. This is the book I loan out to people with questions.

Also, there is a book I've been wanting to read called "Vaccination is not Immunization." I've heard it is excellent, but haven't read it.

Right now, only one of my kids has received 1 vaccine, after his toe got split open on a dirty bench. He got the DTaP for that.

Once, ods got stuck with a needle at the park and threw it. We were going to get the HepB vaccine, but we went back with a magnet and found the needle, which turned out to be a sewing pin so the Dr. recommended no shots.

My pro-vax dr. told me not to do HepB when I was worried because FIL has HepB. he was very pointed in saying- IT IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED disease, so don't get it just based on someone close to your kids having it. Then I talked to an herbalist who recommended some different herbs to strengthen the liver if you were possibly going to be exposed to any Hep.

Whooping cough is the only disease besides polio that I find uber-scary, but the vaccine is very low in effectiveness. So of course, they want MORE people to use it. But in the outbreaks where we used to live, in Kansas, it was vaccinated people spreading the disease to vaccinated people, so IDK.

Sorry, just rambling!
momomom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
hollybabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Overall, I thought it was a great book with some more on the political side that usually isn't taken into account, but I feel to be valid. This is the book I loan out to people with questions.

Also, there is a book I've been wanting to read called "Vaccination is not Immunization." I've heard it is excellent, but haven't read it.

Right now, only one of my kids has received 1 vaccine, after his toe got split open on a dirty bench. He got the DTaP for that.

Once, ods got stuck with a needle at the park and threw it. We were going to get the HepB vaccine, but we went back with a magnet and found the needle, which turned out to be a sewing pin so the Dr. recommended no shots.

My pro-vax dr. told me not to do HepB when I was worried because FIL has HepB. he was very pointed in saying- IT IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED disease, so don't get it just based on someone close to your kids having it. Then I talked to an herbalist who recommended some different herbs to strengthen the liver if you were possibly going to be exposed to any Hep.

Whooping cough is the only disease besides polio that I find uber-scary, but the vaccine is very low in effectiveness. So of course, they want MORE people to use it. But in the outbreaks where we used to live, in Kansas, it was vaccinated people spreading the disease to vaccinated people, so IDK.

Sorry, just rambling!
Totally interesting. I was looking on Greenmedinfo for some real statistics (someone recommended that website to me) and found some really weird stuff. It is basically all the studies done on vaccines, it isn't really pro or con, just the facts. So, I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for all the info and advice.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
mamamermaid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is such a hard decision to make. I've done lots of research and decided in my gut I feel better about not vaccinating. I am always reading more and know that if I changed my mind (for whatever reason), I can always give the vaccines.....but I cant take them out.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #28
katyldf
Registered Users
seller

So glad you posted! I have been debating about finishing my 20 month olds vaccines, he's late for his 18 months and the doctors have refused to address why he breaks out in horrible rashes every time. (we know its not an egg issue) DH is up to date being military and as for myself i'm not 100% sure I did get the DPT when I was pregnant with DS and made my parents get it for the whooping cough issue before they came when he was supposed to be born.
katyldf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
swoods
Registered Users

Another vote for Dr. Tenpenny and The Guggie Daily.
swoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for posting this question. I've been hovering over the vaxing/non-vaxing threads... well okay, 1/2 for getting information and 1/2 for the drama . My mom is a nurse, so vaxing has always just been assumed, but like everything on these boards, I always question whether that's the right thing to do or not. I'm going to look into that Dr. Sears book, just so I know what's going into J. Right now we only allow one shot in each leg, which I always thought was conservative but not so much now that I'm here! I'd feel more comfortable if I knew what was coming when and what to look for. I don't think I'll ever stop vaxing (although I shouldn't say that until I read the book, eh?), but I could see myself doing a delayed schedule.

Anywho - thanks for offering totally non-judgemental advise. I'm sure the OP appreciates that (and so do I if I want to hijack the thread...).

Edit: I wanted to add - is the Dr. Sears book formated in such a way that I could put it on a Kindle and keep in on my phone for places like the Dr. office, or should I stick with a print copy?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote