Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #21
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Hi,
So I've been having contractions yesterday off and on and in general had a "weird" feeling day where I had absolutely no energy and I had to lay down often. Which REALLY annoyed me.
Contractions continued (or at least I THINK they're contractions. Ds was breach and I didn't have real contractions with him. And prior to his birth I didn't have anything like this). And have been keeping me up tonight.

Driving me nuts. It hurts more on one side, is that normal?
If these are braxton hicks I am a big baby and I don't think I can take em for 5(ish) more weeks. 35 wks today. While I'm gonna start paying more attention to the timing of em, its not like at this point I can say "theyre 7 min apart".
Will prolly check in w Dr in am.

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #22
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat July 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Hi,
So I've been having contractions yesterday off and on and in general had a "weird" feeling day where I had absolutely no energy and I had to lay down often. Which REALLY annoyed me.
Contractions continued (or at least I THINK they're contractions. Ds was breach and I didn't have real contractions with him. And prior to his birth I didn't have anything like this). And have been keeping me up tonight.

Driving me nuts. It hurts more on one side, is that normal?
If these are braxton hicks I am a big baby and I don't think I can take em for 5(ish) more weeks. 35 wks today. While I'm gonna start paying more attention to the timing of em, its not like at this point I can say "theyre 7 min apart".
Will prolly check in w Dr in am.
From my own personal experience, BH suck worse with each pregnancy, because they get more intense. My BH now often hurt (and have hurt). Like, sometimes I can feel my cervix get pinchy. THAT kind of hurt.
Just lay down and rest when the come, and call your Dr if you feel so inclined mama Don't worry, the more BH you have the faster the labor (hopefully!)
Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #23
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My BH contractions are way worse this time around, too. It sucks!

I was really, really tired for a couple of days and then started having more contractions and felt a lot more uncomfortable. Two nights ago woke up in the middle of the night, they were coming on stronger and pretty regularly, then went away. So frustrating! I thought it was the real deal. I am just hoping it just means my body is getting ready for the real thing soon. I've been so uncomfortable and am so ready to be done. I'm trying to enjoy these last days/weeks of pregnancy (and of my son being an only child), but it's hard and then we're constantly wondering about every symptom!

It certainly wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor, though, especially since you're not full term yet.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #24
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I would LOVE it if these r just getting my body ready for a fast labor, since I'm going for vbac. Still having em... Didn't sleep much last night. They hurt. I know if they're not getting more intense and closer together that they're not the real thing. So I don't really wanna call doc, but dh insists, cuz of my history and how they want us to go to hosp "at first sign of labor", and cuz its early yet.....I dunno. Maybe I'm just a big wimp. Ha. Tho I've had some decent injuries in my day (used to be competitive gymnast) and I thought I had an ok pain tolerance. What do I know!.

Have a good day ladies!.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #25
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rule of thumb: if you can breathe or talk through em, you're good to go.

I tossed and turned ALL NIGHT, DS2 was up fussing every 2 hours (wtf teeth, I hate you), DF got up for work/turned on the bedroom light, hallway light, closet light, etc etc. COME ON. And then the kids were up at 6 to tattle...on the DOG. Sigh. Gonna be a long day.
Might walk down to the library, depends on how I feel.
Have heartburn this morning, cause my breakfast is the roasted potatoes/onions from last night's dinner. Whoops.

OH, and my boobs have been ACHING the last few days. I'm so excited to have another nursling on the way soon, esp since DS2 weaned thanks to this pregnancy.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #26
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aren't babies supposed to slow down as far as movement goes toward the end? Holy cow I feel like this baby hasn't stopped moving in days, and it isn't very comfortable at this point! lol

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Aren't babies supposed to slow down as far as movement goes toward the end? Holy cow I feel like this baby hasn't stopped moving in days, and it isn't very comfortable at this point! lol
I thought so too, but last night I was watching my belly pop and move in places I've never seen before! There is definitely not enough room for this baby to do the acrobatics that it obviously yearns to do!!
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #28
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have heartburn for the first time ever. Blah! No BH over here...nothing going on in the way of baby but that's pretty normal for me.

38 weeks today!! Hooray!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsi View Post
I thought so too, but last night I was watching my belly pop and move in places I've never seen before! There is definitely not enough room for this baby to do the acrobatics that it obviously yearns to do!!
I know! My belly is moving around like crazy. And how can this baby be so low, yet still be managing to kick the crap out of my ribs? Owww. I'm hoping all this movement means that it's getting uncomfortable in there, and maybe my water will break soon, haha (even though I want to start with contractions before my water breaks).

I need to stop looking at everything as a possible sign that this baby wants out.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
I know! My belly is moving around like crazy. And how can this baby be so low, yet still be managing to kick the crap out of my ribs? Owww. I'm hoping all this movement means that it's getting uncomfortable in there, and maybe my water will break soon, haha (even though I want to start with contractions before my water breaks).

I need to stop looking at everything as a possible sign that this baby wants out.
^ made me