Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #31
chach4
Registered Users
seller

So this am, hubby MADE me call doc to ask about contractions last night. They slowed this am and weren't as painful, but at recommendation of on call nurse, ONLY because I've had prior csec, I HAD to go to hosp for monitoring. REALLY? I said.
Anyway, I didn't wanna go, but did. Monitor belt showed I was contracting every 3-5 min. They gave iv fluids and medicine to stop contractions, and it slowed to every 8-10 min. But when iv was done, they went back to 3-5 min. Really? So another round of iv, and then cuz I wasn't dilated/effaced, doc was ok with me going home. With meds to take for remainder of pregnancy. Eww. Seriously? But I sure don't want this little one to come early. I'm 35 weeks today.
I dunno.
On the bright side of this, maybe this means I won't make it to 40 weeks and have a better shot at a vbac!. Ha.

Advertisement

Last edited by chach4; 07-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat July 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
So this am, hubby MADE me call doc to ask about contractions last night. They slowed this am and weren't as painful, but at recommendation of on call nurse, ONLY because I've had prior csec, I HAD to go to hosp for monitoring. REALLY? I said.
Anyway, I didn't wanna go, but did. Monitor belt showed I was contracting every 3-5 min. They gave iv fluids and medicine to stop contractions, and it slowed to every 8-10 min. But when iv was done, they went back to 3-5 min. Really? So another round of iv, and then cuz I wasn't dilated/effaced, doc was ok with me going home. With meds to take for remainder of pregnancy. Eww. Seriously? But I sure don't want this little one to come early. I'm 35 weeks today.
I dunno.
On the bright side of this, maybe this means I won't make it to 40 weeks and have a better shot at a vbac!. Ha.
Glad that they got them stopped. Boo on the meds. Glad that you get to go early! I too am 35wks I would love to go early, but I highly doubt it.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #33
1healthylady
Registered Users

You ladies are making me nervous with all your signs of imminent labor! I'm 35 weeks and I don't want to go early. I'm not ready! And I have too much going on at work over the next 3 1/2 weeks (as I sit here on DS). 12 more days and I can have my home birth. I don't have anything that remotely seems like signs of labor though, so that's good. The baby's been head down for a few weeks now, but I think it moved down a bit farther over the last couple days. My belly has changed shape a little and I'm starting to feel movement down low where I never had before. It's like a little hand moving or the head rotating or something. Nothing painful, just letting me know it's there.
My best friend found out yesterday she's having a boy!! So excited for her. It's a little weird to me that she found out the gender before me, but we will be finding out in a month or so. At least now I know what color blanket to knit while I'm on maternity leave.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just letting you know that kelpagen is having contractions 5/6 min all day today. So we might have another little one soon!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Eeeeeee!!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DS Forum. That means my typing is probably awful. I'm sorry.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #36
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How many babies are here so far?

I'm 37 weeks and 3 days. No signs yet. I need to work a little more so we have money to pay our bills while I am off of work so I am ok with that.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just remember that if it isn't your 1st baby, 'early labor' type signs can go on for weeks! I know all my pregs I've had on and off ctx from 38 weeks on!

Not to discourage anyone! Just it gets exhausting to take it all too seriously too early on .
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a 2... Martha and Angleyn( hers was early)... Kelly's is due on July 30th so not too early for her and its her 2nd, I think! I am not due for another 5wks and nothing is happening to me, thankfully!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I pre-labor for EVER. Its so tiring. Im 36 weeks tomorrow, and guessing ive still got another two pr three weeks.to go.
That being said, im ctxing like crazy right now. Stupid storm.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DS Forum. That means my typing is probably awful. I'm sorry.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

O- Martha had her baby! I'm not on FB. Is everything going as well as possible for them???
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote