Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #51
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat July 23rd

BLargy-

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. I know how it is... I am bleeding (spotting) again, and though the sono showed my placenta to be absolutely intact and healthy... I still want to go back and have it done again! My insurance and my midwife are both telling me to "chill" though!

How flexible are you right now? There is a GREAT yoga pose for getting rid of swelling fast. Lie down on the bed, with a pillow on the bed somewhere against a wall. Scoot over to it, hoist your bottom/ hips up on it, with your legs straight up the wall. You should NOT feel dizzy or funny in the head- if you do, roll over and come out. Flex your feet in that position if you can, on and off. Do it a few minutes at a time, several times a day.

The other good position, which may be hard for you but worth trying: Stand with your feet parallel and wide. Bend forward and keep your back straight. Place your hands on the floor or on a stack of books that comes up to wherever you can lean over to comfortably. Flex the muscles in your legs and feet. The muscle action will encourage the fluid to move back up towards the abdomen so it can be excreted.

Those both worked very well for me during my extremely edemous times during pregnancy #2, after coming off bedrest I had a lot of leg/ foot swelling. It sucked.

Good luck, mama!

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #52
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
BLargy-

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. I know how it is... I am bleeding (spotting) again, and though the sono showed my placenta to be absolutely intact and healthy... I still want to go back and have it done again! My insurance and my midwife are both telling me to "chill" though!

How flexible are you right now? There is a GREAT yoga pose for getting rid of swelling fast. Lie down on the bed, with a pillow on the bed somewhere against a wall. Scoot over to it, hoist your bottom/ hips up on it, with your legs straight up the wall. You should NOT feel dizzy or funny in the head- if you do, roll over and come out. Flex your feet in that position if you can, on and off. Do it a few minutes at a time, several times a day.

The other good position, which may be hard for you but worth trying: Stand with your feet parallel and wide. Bend forward and keep your back straight. Place your hands on the floor or on a stack of books that comes up to wherever you can lean over to comfortably. Flex the muscles in your legs and feet. The muscle action will encourage the fluid to move back up towards the abdomen so it can be excreted.

Those both worked very well for me during my extremely edemous times during pregnancy #2, after coming off bedrest I had a lot of leg/ foot swelling. It sucked.

Good luck, mama!
Ahh I've tried those and they don't reduce my swelling. Thanx though.
It's probably preclampsia rearing its ugly head or my liver.I seem to reject pregnancy...LOL.
I had preclampsia and pupps with my first, and this one I have had placental abruption, edema, mild pupps, highbp,and now possible liver problems.
My body has convinced me its done.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #53
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that's crazy, BLargy. Hope you can get some relief somehow . I just watched some Farm birth videos. Can't decide if that was a good choice or a bad one- LOL! I don't mind labor or birth at all, but I just get queasy at the perineum stretching like that... my last was born in one push with me standing up. No time to think about that part. I liked it better that way!

I may be in labor, or else this will all stop again and I will just have another 2 weeks of waiting. Sigh. The ctx are regular and 'real' enough tho...

Homebirth is so different. You just call the mw and she comes and goes. But we have to get everyone together, pack up, get to the birth center... not as relaxing, that's for sure. Also makes me NOT want to go in until I'm DEAD sure it's for real.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #54
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I wasn't bleeding, I'd go shopping- hehe. Thsat's what I usually do to take my mind off early labor.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well with my last I went to Walmart....figured if going there didn't make it real nothing would lol
Old 07-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #56
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
If I wasn't bleeding, I'd go shopping- hehe. Thsat's what I usually do to take my mind off early labor.
I'm not sure what my plan is for early labor. If it is a nice day and garage sales are out maybe I will do that. I hope baby comes soon for you though. Just because of the bleeding and so you can get out of bed.

Just had my blessing way tonight. It was fabulous. My sis had invited some people that I know but the only people that showed were my sis and my closest friend. So a party of 3. It was awesome! I would have never gotten my belly cast done if it weren't for them. We even got pics of me sitting in the living room all greased up with vasaline for the casting. My sis had wanted to get someone to do henna but this was way cooler. My friend gave me a foot massage, we made smoothies with my sis's new vitamix (which I somehow broke with one use). So now she has to call the company and have it exchanged for another one. I feel terrible. How do you break a vitamix??? They usually last years. She has had hers for less than 36 hours. All in all an awesome night. No kids, no husband, just my best friends. We made chocolate fondue to dip strawberries in, had a veggi tray, cheese tray, artichoke & spinach dip, and nut rice crackers. All very tasty. I am taking the leftovers to a family reunion tomorrow rather than having to figure out what to take. My girlfriend cleaned the living room up after the casting (to get all of the plaster off the floor, did all the dishes, and took care of the leftover food. She is awesome. I am hoping after baby is born that she could come clean for me.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #57
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Up early for my last day of work until this baby comes.
My sinuses hurt SO BAD right now, which kind of makes me nervous becuase sore sinuses is a weird pre-labor symptom of mine. Like, days away kind of labor. Whoa kiddo, let's get another week or two added on before you come out!
I took a claritin and a tylenol, hopefully it lessens things.

Is anyone else just kind of exhausted and done? Haha. I feel lame for admitting it, but dang. Two pregnancies so close is just..tiring.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #58
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

In early labor I will have a small glass of wine and rest
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #59
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

NOVEL RANT TIME! DH and I went to Walmart last night for Ben & Jerry's ice cream with DD. It was 9:30 when we left the house. The latest night out I've had since I got pregnant the first time 4 years ago. Unfortunately Dh didn't feel like switching the vehicles around, so I had to climb (LITERALLY) into his 4x4 pickup. It's not that high.. but I've got short legs as it is and a this point a terribly low centre of gravity and serious back pain.

Of course we get to Walmart and can't just go to the ice cream section like I would have wanted. So we had to hit up literally every corner of the store (a huge superstore). I had to stop and sit on a bench a few times, take a pee break and then we got to the ice cream. By the time we got outside I was having serious contractions. I told him if my water broke at stupid Walmart I would never forgive him for the half hour he made me spend in the automotive department lol.

So getting back INTO the truck I seriously hurt myself. I was in tears the whole way home. Do you think he would help me in or out? NOPE! So frustrating. So I was up until an ungodly hour in serious pain. I couldn't sit or lay down, or stand, or pee. I had two showers and took some tylenol and managed to fall asleep. At least I got my ice cream though! Unfortunately the contractions have disappeared again. I'm so DONE with this pregnancy and these pains. I never thought I would be done with being pregnant. All I want is to hold my healthy baby girl in my arms, then put her down and sleep on my stomach again lol.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh Amanda! That sucks. You had a rough night, too, huh? What a crazy time, the last couple weeks of pregnancy is. I've never had such a tough one. At least is it cool up there and not like over 100 like it's been down here? Take care, mama. I know what you mean about let's just get that dang baby in our arms so we can move on already!