Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone WOH fulltime and go to school fulltime?

I am. Im a single mom, I work full time at a daycare, and I'm going to school full time for my associates degree in American sign language interpreting.

Advertisement

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn528 View Post
I'll be doing this soon! I'm a teacher and this fall I'll be taking 2 grad classes plus an internship (done at my current job). I'm sweating, but it's only for a year and I'll have the license I need.
Good for you! I told my dh I was tired of doing the exact same job as the RN's do and getting much less pay for it. So my license will be well worth it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2002 View Post
I am. Im a single mom, I work full time at a daycare, and I'm going to school full time for my associates degree in American sign language interpreting.
Awesome! That sounds really interesting.

Well I went to get my books and took my ods with me so he could check out the college. He told me he is very excited for me and he wanted to read my American History book lol! The only problem I have so far is I can't afford a new computer until I get my financial aid and the one I have is slow as molasses.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am an orchestra teacher. I did my masters full time while working full time. It wasn't fun, to say the least! But it is definitely do-able. I did online classes so I could do the work after the kiddos went to bed at night.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #14
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I work full time as a high school teacher and I am in the process of finishing up my Master's in Biology. My husband has been a life saver taking care of the kids while I attended class in the evenings and dealt with my crazy advisor who gave me a week's notice to complete my thesis because he wanted to present my research.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I work sort of full time. I teach Mon-Thurs and once a month on Friday's we have field trips. I am also a grad student full-time. My grad program is online, but starting in a month I have field work I must do weekly.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Last year DP worked FT as a teacher & was in school for her admin cert FT. She took her classes on-campus, an hour away. Summer, she was away from 3ish-9ish 4 days/wk, Fall, she left from school & got home around 9pm...I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 days/wk, & Spring it was the same time & she went once a week. She also had some week-long intensive classes thrown in there, so if she had a week vacation from school, she just went to class for five full days that week.

It was tough; she was exhausted all the time, I work FT & had DD by myself most evenings, DD missed her...but I'm glad she just bit the bullet & did it all at once. Now she's doing her internship. She'll be done with that in December & will do one class per week during the fall semester...then she'll have a lot more professional opportunities, we'll have more income, blah, blah, blah.
Whew, that is a tough schedule; but when she is done--it will be worth it. I didn't know you lived in CNY. My husband's family is from Naples; but they live in Fairport. My family is in WNY.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dh is working on his BA and works part-time. In a few weeks, our younger son will be starting kinder; so it will free him up some to get his work done.

I am considering starting my masters or do my National Board Certification (I'm a teacher). I really, really would like that masters degree as I've put it off for a long time.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #18
Crackedpolystrene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Starting next week I'll be working full time and doing school full time. My second child is due next month, it'll be tough but I have an excellent support system!
Crackedpolystrene is offline   Reply With Quote