Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
anyone getting things ready

Yes, I am a touch OCD...i have gotten out and washed all girl/boy/neutral clothes and put them in the spare closet (mostly to see what i need since it's garage sale season right now)...and started getting stuff together off the homebirth supply list (stuff i already own that is scattered throughout the house)...

please tell me i am not alone?

Advertisement

~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson
Yes, I am a touch OCD...i have gotten out and washed all girl/boy/neutral clothes and put them in the spare closet (mostly to see what i need since it's garage sale season right now)...and started getting stuff together off the homebirth supply list (stuff i already own that is scattered throughout the house)...

please tell me i am not alone?
I haven't taken the clothes out...but I'm checking out a stroller on craigslist that I've been really wanting and its in excellent condition! Baby could only fit in the cupholder at this point, lol. I also have an almost complete nb diaper stash. I'm trying to show restraint, but my planning takes hold.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: anyone getting things ready

DP

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

We only have clothes from 12-18 months and up since that's what the size YDD was wearing when we gave away or donated all the smaller sizes since we were done having children. But since we're not finding out the sex anyway and there's a consignment sale coming up in September I plan to stock up on some gender neutral layette stuff then let family get the gender specific stuff once baby is born in the larger sizes if they want.

Plus, YDD wears wool (even though we don't really do fitteds) as pants (since it can fit the bulky CDs) so this next one will be wearing wool too.

Diapers wise though, this bean is all set already

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had given away everything newborn I had....but I have already bought a new bassinet, pack & play, bouncy seat, swing & Beco Butterfly I have also bought & prepped baby's entire newborn diaper stash, and knit his or her first woolies....so yeah I have been getting some stuff ready.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
abhernandez
Registered Users

I've been looking around online a lot. My last pre baby USA trip is in September. And things in the US are so so so so much cheaper (a Chico key fit in Argentina runs 500usd for example). So I'm plotting but I've yet to take action
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm listing what I want (not too much, but there are some items which DS still uses that won't be handed down and I'll need seconds). I also bought a car seat because I found a rare Britax sale. And this isn't really nesting, but we're in the process of finding and buying a new car, because our 2-door Hyundai won't fit 2 car seats. I've been TRYING to beef up my NB stash, but I'm encountering a lot more hesitancy to ship to Canada this time around so have failed to make any purchases so far.

Last edited by My_Tree_Grows; 07-23-2012 at 01:53 PM.
My_Tree_Grows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am still in major denial I did look at carseats the other day because we have an issue fitting everyone in the van now I got so upset I made DH ban me until November. I am just over 10 weeks so I don't want to get ahead of myself.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
katymf
Registered Users
seller

I already have had all of DS's baby clothes folded and ready to go for baby #2 for a while now..i've also been looking around online thinking of items i already want on my baby registry. Alot of things this baby will get handed down from DS like changing table, some toys, clothes. We will need a new bassinet, baby swing, play yard-things like that. But we are waiting for financial reasons :-)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
brookglen
Registered Users

I have not even glanced in the direction of the baby stuff. My show ends in December at which point I'll have two months to obsess over every little thing. I don't want to get everything done and then go stir crazy because I have nothing to do, if that makes sense.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote