Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Re: anyone getting things ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows View Post
I'm listing what I want (not too much, but there are some items which DS still uses that won't be handed down and I'll need seconds). I also bought a car seat because I found a rare Britax sale. And this isn't really nesting, but we're in the process of finding and buying a new car, because our 2-door Hyundai won't fit 2 car seats. I've been TRYING to beef up my NB stash, but I'm encountering a lot more hesitancy to ship to Canada this time around so have failed to make any purchases so far.
Hesitancy from FSOT or spots? I see so many mamas that only ship within the USA as I guess it's easier? It's depressing!!!!

Advertisement

quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Totally does!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

I have about 50 newborn dipes bought but not washed.

A friend is giving me a stroller and I'm looking at cribs.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was looking at baby clothes on Saturday at Kohl's and thinking how awesome it would be to buy little dresses and stuff!! 11+2. Haven't been to MW yet. I'm going next Thursday. Once I hear HB I think I'll get more excited and want to start snatching up some NB diapers!
JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, y'all are doing awesome. Since we already have 2 boys I pretty much have everything we need. . . unless its a girl. Then well just need some clothes. I'm sure I'll buy some diapers and a few other odds and ends, but I'll wait until after we find out the gender.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also need to pick up a Brestfriend pillow at the sale (if they have one) and we will have to get 3 new seats to fit all 3 kiddos in the backseat. Luckily we can wait until January for that one --- but maybe we will get one sooner when BRU does their 25% trade in for safety month (usually in Sept). But I'm not sure if the seats were planning on getting will count towards the discount.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd sure like to, but I don't have the space to do something like that. I know that I have more clothes than two babies would really need (and most likely only carrying one) and that IS taking into account the baby girl stuff I've bought over the years (I have a bit of a baby clothes buying problem....). A baby girl would possibly need more clothes, but I'd just wait until next garage sale season to worry about going buy crazy for her and I'd expect friends and family would gift me a sea of pink as well. I will not be using cloth for newborn this time around. I don't need any equipment other than maybe another crib, maybe a double or triple stroller, and definitely a third car seat. We are also in need of a larger vehicle because our current can't manage three. The new car has me a tad worried, but the car seat is no problem and cribs, mattresses, and strollers are easy to come by.

PS: I also intend on taking advantage of the Toys R Us trade-in event for the savings on the car seat.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...

Last edited by cheezpoofs; 07-23-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Added Something
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This makes me giggle because I have forbidden myself from even looking at clothes other than gn basics like white onesies or socks until we know what it is. I know I have zero girls clothes and tons of boy clothes though. I wouldn't really say that I'm prepping things just yet but I've gone through what I still have (I got rid of a ton of gear and stuff) and have figured out most of the things I want to buy. I bought a moby off fsot already since that is the first carrier that I will need. If we are having a girl, a friend of mine has a bunch of stuff that I will be able to use and she will probably give me the ring sling that I bought her for her baby shower (she's not planning on having any more kids for at least 5 years) so that will take care of another carrier. Other than clothes the main things I need are a ring sling, ssc, bassinet mattress (ours is way too thin so I'm getting a thicker, more natural one), a swing and receiving blankets. Oh and bedding of course. I'm not positive yet but I don't think I plan on using cloth at the beginning. I will probably start stocking up on little disposables once I'm out of the first trimester. If it's a boy I'm set with OS pockets and if it's a girl I will probably start looking for some cheap girly OS pockets.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnNjesse View Post
Hesitancy from FSOT or spots? I see so many mamas that only ship within the USA as I guess it's easier? It's depressing!!!!
I think it's more out of fear than anything. I don't ship internationally at all anymore after a couple of really bad transactions where I lost money and my items . I don't know if the people who bought them were just scammers or if the packages really disappeared but it really doesn't make a difference to me because I'm still out either way. If there were a better way to track international packages I would have no problem with it provided the buyer covered the extra shipping costs but unfortunately it's really risky. I never used to have a problem with it and have shipped to some really great Canadian moms, but it's less risky now to ship in the US because of delivery confirmation.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haha I have been kind of collecting things even before I was pregnant. I found a super great deal on a car seat that I bought several months ago then I needed the stroller frame to fit since I don't like bulky travel systems and I only have a stroller that can be used after 3 months. I bought a co-sleeper and 2 baby carriers (yes 2 I couldn't decide if I wanted an ergo or babyhawk oh-snap). I bought 6 xs BG for the diaper bag but will just stick to prefolds and covers at home until this baby can grow into the OS BG. I have an entire stash from DS but they need some love as most of the elastic needs replacing and aplix needs to go but I am too lazy to do any repairs just yet. And that is all in addition to everything I have from DS that is either around the house or lent out to friends. I think I will only need a few NB sized diaper covers and if its a girl some clothes otherwise anything I buy at this point is unnecessary! Let me mention that we have this awesome store here called bargain hunt where you can get new items for at least 40% off retail and sometimes even cheaper than that so I just can't turn down a good deal!!!