Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Re: anyone getting things ready

I bought 2 bouncy seats from the thrift store because they were a great deal and for little babies I LOVE bouncy seats in each area of the house. So yeah. I was only like 5 weeks pregnant at the time too! Haha. Since then I haven't done any more nesting but I'm sure after hearing the heart beat I'll start collecting gn clothes!

Advertisement

MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #22
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, not allowed per DH's request...Until after the level 2 ultrasound which is scheduled for Sept. 7....we lost our last little boy at 24 weeks so we just want to be cautious...We are actually not finding out what this one is either this time so I will just be buying GN stuff when I am in the clear
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I plan to wait because well DH will probably think I am insane and also because I just am afraid that I will not make it to the end.

I already have a bassinet, boppy, crib, NB diapers (and all the way up to Toddler), breast pump & supplies, and some clothes.

I think I will start at 30 weeks.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

I already have a girls and a boy in the last 3 years, so I'm not feeling the need to buy anything yet. My last grew out of nb diapers in less than a week, so I'm not doing a nb stash again. Also, I dislike most gn clothing and diapers, so I'd have to wait a while anyway.
I'm debating not finding out gender because I really don't need to buy anything except a new infant car seat but I want that to be gn anyway. I'm afraid that I'd be even more anxious/stressed/impatient for the baby to come then not only because then I'd be able to hold him or her, but also to find out gender and pick a name.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnNjesse View Post
Hesitancy from FSOT or spots? I see so many mamas that only ship within the USA as I guess it's easier? It's depressing!!!!
Both, I'm afraid. I've always received my packages - granted it can take 4-6 weeks, but that's why all this early planning is so handy, haha! I wish that we had a more extensive local online resource, please enlighten me if you know of one. It's especially crazy that I use primarily Canadian brands like AppleCheeks and AMP (and half-Canadian Bummis), but I can only find them used through American sources, whatcanyado? I think that Canada Post is a huge part of the problem, their costs are so prohibitive that even shipping within the country is unprofitable for individuals, so no Canadian online trade scene has a chance to develop. Sorry to hijack the thread, getting off my soapbox now.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows View Post
Both, I'm afraid. I've always received my packages - granted it can take 4-6 weeks, but that's why all this early planning is so handy, haha! I wish that we had a more extensive local online resource, please enlighten me if you know of one. It's especially crazy that I use primarily Canadian brands like AppleCheeks and AMP (and half-Canadian Bummis), but I can only find them used through American sources, whatcanyado? I think that Canada Post is a huge part of the problem, their costs are so prohibitive that even shipping within the country is unprofitable for individuals, so no Canadian online trade scene has a chance to develop. Sorry to hijack the thread, getting off my soapbox now.
I totally agree though. It's rediculous.

As for AMP google AMPdiaperstore and you will come up with their Canadian website. I've bought from the site before. Shipping is $8 so I usually buy a few diapers at once!
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

http://www.ampdiaperstore.com/
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I already had everything ready for the last baby I lost, so I'm still ready! I'm still buying stuff though We also tried out the car seat and put the boys in their new seats just to try it out. It was fun! lol

lactivist, intactivist, cloth diapering, crazy mama to THREE boys
miabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought an infant car seat, because I got rid of our other one as soon as DS2 outgrew it, knowing that it would expire before we would need it again. I actually debated just skipping the infant seat, but having a winter baby in the extreme cold here I wanted to be able to bundle and carry out, instead of wrapping, bundling, carrying out to the car, unwrapping, putting baby in car seat with blustery sub-zero winds... Yeah, no thanks. Plus, an infant carrier + extra base for DH's car is cheaper than 2 convertibles. I haven't yet bought the extra base for DH's car, still waiting to see if I am growing more than one, in which case I won't bother because we can't fit 4 kids in there anyway.

The only other things I "need" are one or 2 wool shirts and a sheepskin. My other 2 were fall and summer babies, and we heat with wood, so I need some newbie tops to keep cozy and my kids love their sheepskins. I am already working on a sweater for the wee one, but I think it is going to be too big. DS2 was over 10 pounds at birth, so my mother encouraged me to make it 3 month size... Not that I know how to read a pattern anyway. So if this baby is like DS1, 6 pounds, then they won't fit into it until the 85-degree August weather. Oh well, I will just make two then, the second a bit smaller.

I also think I am going to convert the rest of our long-sleeved onesies into shirts. With cloth, I just don't like the snap-crotch thing. I think I will try making some EC pants, split crotch, but in all honesty I will probably just cave and buy some - EC Wear has a great tester deal going on right now that is tempting me big time. Oh, and I need more mama cloth, and I need to get working on those dolls that I am going to make for the boys "from the baby", plus all of the Christmas crafting I have to do. We make our own gifts for Christmas - I do mad sewing marathons and DH makes soap and food stuff like baking mixes and canned goodies. I have more of an urge to get that stuff going right now, because there isn't a whole lot of baby prep needed around here.

Last time I got really smart and put all of our gender-neutral newborn and 0-3 clothes in the same storage bin as my homebirth supplies, so everything is in one place. I need a few more chux pads and some gloves, but should be all set otherwise for HB supplies.

We keep all of our kids clothes, passing down from DS1 to DS2, and I have them all sorted by size in storage bins in their closet. When I put away all of DS2's outgrown stuff, I put all of the GN clothes on top, with super boyish stuff on the bottom, so I don't have to go through the entire wardrobe to pull out whatever I would/wouldn't put on a girl, which I am pretty flexible/open with anyway.

Overall though I have done more "getting rid of stuff" in anticipation of this baby - things I didn't really use with either of the other 2, like the bouncy seat, and replacing it (like, a year ago, because I got a steal on it) with a Svan bouncer. We had the Fisher Price Papasan seat for the boys, and I didn't like how big it was, the fact that it didn't bounce, the annoying music, or the annoying overhead mirror thing. I also got rid of our swing and got an Amby Baby Hammock (again, in between pregnancies, because it was $30). DS2 didn't like the swing at all, so we will see. Even if I totally don't like the Amby, I can sell it for more than I bought it for, so that was a no-brainer. I have now completely succeeded in getting rid of every piece of plastic baby gear and replacing what was worth replacing with natural alternatives. OCD much? I couldn't have afforded to do it all at once, but over time, in between pregnancies, with an eye for deals and unique things, I have succeeded... And all of it can be sold when we are done with babies for at least what I bought it for, if not more (in most cases). Thrifty much?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miabean View Post
I already had everything ready for the last baby I lost, so I'm still ready! I'm still buying stuff though We also tried out the car seat and put the boys in their new seats just to try it out. It was fun! lol
Your siggy could be my siggy
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote