Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clothes to Nurse in

with this baby, i'm going to use the tanks from www.undercovermama.com they are so cool! they clip onto any nursing bra so you get the support you need. pull outer shirt up, unsnap the tank and you are covered. they are having a 30% off sale right now with free shipping if you buy 2. i haven't used mine yet, but they fit my LARGE tummy and they are a longer length which is great.

Advertisement

pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs
with this baby, i'm going to use the tanks from www.undercovermama.com they are so cool! they clip onto any nursing bra so you get the support you need. pull outer shirt up, unsnap the tank and you are covered. they are having a 30% off sale right now with free shipping if you buy 2. i haven't used mine yet, but they fit my LARGE tummy and they are a longer length which is great.
I have these and love them! They are great.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
MN Mama to 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28

I have these and love them! They are great.
How does the sizing run with these? I may need to order a couple.
MN Mama to 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl View Post
reason i ask is I bought a stretchy neck top from Target (tank top) but it stretched out the 2nd time i wore it for this purpose. i hate things that are too revealing or low. I don't love nursing tanks because they seem to small in the bust. I am usually small chested so this is an adjustment for me. the seem to hinder my milk production slightly - not sure. I have worn them nursing other babies and never a problem. I need something easy but either it is too low or I am ruining the shirt.
Motherhood Maternity doesn't have the most awesome selection of nursing tops, but I have bought a couple of their tops with elastic around the neck line (like these: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC29 http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC29 )
I wear them all the time...a couple I've been wearing since DD was born 15 months ago. They do not stretch out and are not very low cut on their own (no cleavage showing).
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really like these tanks. When I'm at home and at night, I wear just the tank over a nursing bra. I pull the neckline down to nurse. When I'm out of the house, I wear one of the tanks under a regular shirt. I pull the regular shirt up and pull the tank down, unhook my nursing bra, and you really see anything.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...5&locale=en_US
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can also use a belly band (like the Bella Band) under your shirt and just lift up the shirt (this hides unsightly back/bellies).
I just wear the Target V-Neck "boyfriend" tees and pull my boob out of the neck hole. When I need a little more modesty I have a few camis that I cut holes in at nipple level. LOL they look funny but work really well.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

I bought this shirt at Target in almost every color they had.

Because of the faux-wrap-around, cross over neck-line, it is very easy to pull the side down that baby is going to nurse from and the other side stays covered. It is a pretty high neck line, given that it is a v-neck and I found it very modest. I also like the fit; it is very flattering and it's a faux-wrap around because the double layer is only at the top and is only a single layer of fabric beginning just under the bra line. That makes it much cooler in the summer heat. I love this shirt! Hence me buying every color/pattern.

And they also have a ribbed tank that is great for summer.

The neck is stretchy enough that I can pull it down to nurse but it isn't a super-low neck line so I feel covered. It is form-fitting but I just throw one of their light-weight short-sleeved cardigans over it and it is one of my fav outfits.

I have this one in white and just wear it open/loose over the tank and it is super comfy, cute and breathable in the TX heat. Love!

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 07-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs View Post
I used these with DS1 and now we DS2 I LOVE them!!!! They are an absolute life saver!!!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:

I love motherwear shirts, I have a couple of gap nursing shirts, too. I also buy tops at places like walmart and thrift stores that have elastic at the top. Those always work if you're using a nursing cover. The shirts that are specifically for nursing are always my faves though, especially when I forget to bring a hooter hider ----or when the baby gets old enough that they keep uncovering themselves and don't like the nursing cover over their head anymore.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
Anything loose enough for me to pull the shirt down and the boob out. I definitely can't do layers when it's 110 degrees.
Yup, I don't see the point in spending money on special clothes. Stretchy with a low neckline? Check. Pull breast out neck hole. I've done this through every season now. I don't even bother to unclip the nursing bra, simply push it out of the way. It seems like trying to align a bunch of secret openings would be more difficult.