Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
switching it up this year

Instead of doing every subject every day, I want to move to doing 2 a day, and completing the whole week's worth on that day. I wanted to do this last year but my son wanted to continue on with the normal "school model". He's willing to try it this year.

So I'm excited! If you have any tips, I'd love some, otherwise just sharing that we're breaking more away from the traditional school model!!!

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: switching it up this year

I am very interested in this idea Sometimes I feel like working on 5 or more subjects per day is just to much jumping around. Many days we don't even get through them all because we get caught up on one and I hate stopping when we are involved and working on a topic/subject. This will be my first year hsing both of my girls (2nd and K) so I am wondering how it is going to go keeping up with both, time wise. I'd love to hear more about your plan and once you get started, how it is going for you. What subjects do you plan to pair together? I have started planning our 1st month of school for this fall but I am considering trying this for a bit just to see how it goes. I am always up for switching things up to see if it works well for us. Thanks for sharing.
Carrie
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't got any idea. I think we'll probably try a few different combinations and see how they work together and stick with whatever flows best.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
satiglenn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is a great idea! And the beauty of homeschooling Thanks for sharing!
satiglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a K, 2, 4, and 6 grade this year. We combine using My Fathers World which is Geofraphy, History, Music, Art and Science. I think those are easy to combine. just teach to the oldest and you'll be surprised what the younger ones glean.

Sent from my "smart" phone
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote