Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Number of children/rooms?

I had a 2 bedroom condo with 3 kids. They all shared one bedroom once my youngest started using the crib around 7 months. Then we moved to a 3 bedroom trailer for 3 months and the kids still shared and we used the master as a playroom. Right now we have a 3 bedroom house that has a room that can eventually be made into a 4th bedroom if it gets a closet and an egress window. The kids are still sharing but the girls will have a room and my son will have a room eventually and the extra is a playroom for now. I want to get a pull out couch or a Murphy bed for the playroom for when guests come.

Advertisement

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #12
an_aurora
Registered Users

Right now we have 3 kids and 5 bedrooms. They each have their own room and we have a big playroom.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #13
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're expecting #4, and have a 3 bedroom house. One bedroom for us (obviously), DS1 and DS2 share a room, and DS3 has his own room. When #4 is born, he'll be in our room for about a year and then he will share with DS1, while DS2 and DS3 move in together. DS1 picked that arrangement .
Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
mrskfs87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We live in a 3 bedroom house, we have three kids(4 year old, 16 month old, and 4 month old). My 16 month old and 4 year share a room, the other room is a play room and our youngest co sleeps with us.

FEEDBACK & MY BLOG
mrskfs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 8 children and our home is currently a 5 bed/3 bath home although we are adding on an addition. The addition is actually already built, just not finished on the inside so it is not opened up into the main house yet.
Currently my 16 year old girl has her own room, the 2 6 year old boys in one room, the 10 & 7 year old boy share a room, the 4 yr old boys and 6 year old girl share a room, and the baby is still in our bedroom.
Once the addition is finished Everyone except the two 6 year old boys will have their own bedroom, plus they will have a huge playroom (and I will have a huge family closet/laundry room and a separate sewing/storage/craft room!). I am so excited. We have slowly been working on this addition for almost a year now. From the outside it looks almost complete, but the inside has a long way to go. As with any project; it costs more than planned originally and we ran out of money allotted for it, so now it is a slow go!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Working on #4, 3bedroom house. Oldest son has his own room, two middle ones share a room and the baby will be with us for a couple of years. Then, we will decide what to do. By then, the oldest will be 18 so plans are still up in the air.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it really depends on what your ages and your layout it.

Our house has 7 bedrooms in it, but that's with a fully finished attic and basement. And no dining room. LOL

We use 1 bedroom for us, 1 bedroom for a dining room, 1 bedroom for a toy room, 1 for a storage closet since there is not 1 closet in any of the rooms, 2 bedrooms in the attic are empty - and that leaves the largest (really, its big!) room for our children to all share. We have offered them several times the option to split into their own rooms but they love sharing a room. In this one big bedroom is a set of twin bunk beds, a full bed, 3 full sized dressers and a crib. Plus in the center of the room is a sizable floor !

It started out that the last place we rented had 3 bedrooms, so we had a sleep room and a toy room. Now it's grown into they love being together and don't want to part, yet. I'm sure over time this will change as they age and gender becomes more of an issue.

Right now, it totally works for us though!
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

We have a 4 bedroom house with 4 kids. Boys share a room and the girls each have their own. Considering when ydd gets old enough having her share with odd so that I can have a guestroom/ office/craft room. Not sure though as there is a 5 year difference between the girls.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a 3 bedroom house and a 5th kiddo on the way. Our house is pretty large though, and we will have the capacity to add two more bedrooms (basement isn't finished yet, it is a new home). Right now we have two kids in each room. We have double bunks with a crib in each kids room with still lots of space left over. Often 3 kids wind up sleeping in the same room (one on each bunk and baby in crib) b/c they chose that, but technically they have two to a room for now. When they are older the big kids will have the choice of their own room, but right now they like sharing. And, they spend very little time in their rooms, have a large playroom where toys etc. are kept.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

11 children, 6 bedrooms. One bedroom used as a pantry. 4 oldest girls in one room, baby in tiny room, 2 little girls in a room and 4 older boys in another.