Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 5 yr old DD had horrible body odor. I bought her alba tea tree deodorant. Her Dr recommends crystal sticks. I plan on getting one to try.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #22
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Smelly 9 yo

I was also going to suggest looking at diet. Fresh foods, unprocessed and lots of water, fruit and veg, should help, as well as the above suggestions. I know that is not always the case though, part of it is just the hormonal changes that are going on.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #23
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He should be using an antibacterial soap. I swear kids are the smelliest just before puberty. Antibacterial soap makes a big difference. Deodorants on clothing seem to make the clothes hold onto bad odors. I had to hot wash my dd's clothes with oxiclean at that age because she was using a ton of deodorant and it was building up on her shirts. She's now almost 14, and not so stinky.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Once they get to a certain age I swear they don't wash as well. I like to occasionally swipe my DS's arm, leg, back of neck etc with a washable marker when he is not looking.(I'm mean!) Then after the shower... I point out how it is still there. I tell him GO WASH... USE THE WASH CLOTH and SCRUB! He hates 2 shower nights! But yeah... he's stinky by the end of the day. I make him shower daily. He uses spray deodorant. (not antiperspirant. I don't think it is healthy to not sweat. Sweat is normal!) I also make sure he wears socks with his shoes. (Otherwise they get nasty )
I also make him use antibacterial soap once a week and eat yogurt. Nothing has really helped.
This! And washing his clothes well!
My DS is going on 9. He purposefully tries to avoid washing in the shower. He told me the other day, "I haven't washed my hair the past 3 showers." I was looking at his hair closely this morning and his roots were filthy:/ He will be examined more closely now, that's just gross. He will scrub his body well when he picks out his own bar soap from the health food store.
I have washed my kids clothes and started pulling them out to toss in the dryer and they still had a stench. So I would wash them again. It helped. My kids are outside more than I am and play in dirt with our chickens and lay all over our dogs. I think they are exposed to all lot more smelly things than I am. Plus, DD 1 smells just as bad when theyve been sweating outside for hours.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anti-bacterial soap. When I find my deo stops working, I do a REALLY good scrub with anti bacterial soap and I'm good to go. When that armpit bacterial hits the air it reacts and stinks, so getting rid of the bacteria should get rid of the stink.