Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nevermind

Ugh! My poll was lost! Let's try this again. :/

Advertisement

Last edited by CountryChicMama; 07-26-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: error message and poll lost
CountryChicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
verloren88
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nevermind

I think that the most important thing is to be persistent. Don't give up feeding your DS a certain food just because he doesn't like it. I'm not saying to try to force him to eat it, but just keep offering it. I found that with my DS, if I continued offering him a food that he did not like he would eventually eat it. It might take 10 or more times but just be persistent. My DS is now 14 months and he will eat pretty much anything...he is less picky then I am.

Also, once you get to the point that you are offering multiple foods per meal I think meal progression is very important. Feed the least favorite foods first (oftentimes the vegetables) and save the favorites (ie fruit) for last. It is much easier to get a hungry baby to eat his broccoli then one that has already filled up on strawberries :-)
verloren88 is offline   Reply With Quote