Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Cric'd DH and intact DS

My Tree-I agree I'm anticipating a convo that will probably never happen. But as a FTM I wondered.

Advertisement

dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When trying to decide to circ or not when I was pregnant with DS DH brought up the whole he will look different then me thing, so I asked DH "Is your Dad circ or not?" He didn't know. Point is if they ever see Daddy naked they probably won't be old enough to remember what it looked like and if they are old enough to remember then they probably aren't looking at Daddy for very long because they are embarrassed. Honestly our kids have seen me naked more then DH since apparently Mommy is not allowed to do anything alone.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS has seen DH's circed penis and has never asked the difference, though he did wonder what all the hair was about
In the event that my boys DO ask, we'll tell them that dad had a cosmetic procedure where his foreskin was removed, but that we know better now and decided to leave theirs alone.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
camo_diapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH was that kid, circed dad but he was left intact. He asked once when he was little, all they said was "you are not circumcised" and left it at that. DH was happy with that answer and didn't ask anymore questions.
DH came from a large family of men, who did things like saunas and hot springs (so he saw everyone naked) and him and his brother are the only intact ones. It never bothered him, he is very happy he is intact.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_diapers
My DH was that kid, circed dad but he was left intact. He asked once when he was little, all they said was "you are not circumcised" and left it at that. DH was happy with that answer and didn't ask anymore questions.
DH came from a large family of men, who did things like saunas and hot springs (so he saw everyone naked) and him and his brother are the only intact ones. It never bothered him, he is very happy he is intact.
OT - hearing stories like this seriously put me at ease. DS is the only intact boy in the family and I often wonder if he'll be upset or bothered by it. And TBH - my ILs don't even know he is intact - they never changed his diaper (their choice, not mine).

Sent from my DROID2 using DS Forum
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is circ'ed and DS is not. If this is a boy he will not be circ'ed either. I talked with DH when we got together (DS is not DH's) and told him that he really didn't have a choice if any boy we had would not be circ'ed. And he agreed with me!!! I was taken aback. DH said as a Corpsman he got to learn about circing in school and decided he wasn't going to allow his son's to go through that. But I also think part of it is he knows deep down that the doc who did his did a CRAPPY job. They cut off WAAAYYYY too much and he does effect him in the bedroom. Though it doesn't hurt me in anyway, it just makes it harder for him to finish.

I have been with DH since DS was 4.5yrs old. DH is the one he taught DS how to pee standing up, how to pee in a urinal, how to act in a bathroom..... And the fact that DS is circ'ed and DH is not has NEVER come up.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

kelsey-I bet pubic hair will cause more curiousity than foreskin/lack thereof.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my kids used to ask where my penis was. lol

lactivist, intactivist, cloth diapering, crazy mama to THREE boys
miabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

mia-I'm an "tivist" too!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows View Post
Also...the anticipation of this conversation is far stronger than the real impact of it on children, IMO. They're just as likely or unlikely to be curious about all the differences between themselves and mom, depending on their temperament and the degree of physical coverage in the home. How many times does everyone's DH remember sitting around comparing penises with their own dads? That's about how much you need to worry.
My husband hasn't a clue what his fathers penis looks like. The subject never came up. My son has no idea what his father's looks like. My son is intact and my husband is not. At 9 my son is only happy his foreskin is intact he really doesn't care what his fathers looks like.

I don't think it is any different than why daddy has green eyes and son has brown eyes or why daddy doesn't tan and son does.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote