Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question considering IUD - opinions?

We both feel we are done, but too many concerns w DH getting a V. I'm afraid of the copper IUD, but was considering Mirena. I am sensitive to too high bc pills, which is why I finally got off them and don't want to get back on. I did the whole temp/fluid thing, but that's how my first pregnancy happened (ended in miscarriage, so apparently it was a fluke). I get pregnant pretty easy, and have always been extra cautious in the past but am SO done with what hormones do to my body. It seems like Mirena is so low a dose it might be okay, and a good reliable option.
ANy thoughts from those who've had either kind?
Thank you!!!

Advertisement

pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

I actually came here to ask the same question so subscribing, also why are u scared of the copper been debating that one.
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Afraid of copper in my body. May be irrational, but along the lines of dangers w aluminum or metal tooth fillings. I'm afraid they will discover in 10 years how it caused all sorts of medical health problems.
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

Hmmmmm I always thought people need copper in there body which is why people wear those copper bracelets for aches an pains

Last edited by terrordactyl; 07-09-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Mommieof2
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: considering IUD - opinions?

Mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i was going to get one at my 8wk p checkup...but the more i thought about it and prayed about it...i decided against it...

yes we think that we are done but we are open to blessings...however with a IUD in place to me it felt like I was taking away any chance of any little blessings (since if you become pg with an IUD it has to be removed and will more likely cause a miscarraige) sooo for me (and by the way i was going with the plastic mirena) i decided that I couldn't take away teh onyl way for God to give us a blessing...i mean even if i had my tubes tied HE could still bless us BUT with an IUD i was told there was no safe way to carry a baby with it in place and i felt like takign that much control was not what i needed to do...

that being said Dh and i have decided that if there is ever another blessing then i will hae my tubes tied while having the csection...

but a IUD is not for me

it might work great for some...just not for us
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br2me View Post
i was going to get one at my 8wk p checkup...but the more i thought about it and prayed about it...i decided against it...

yes we think that we are done but we are open to blessings...however with a IUD in place to me it felt like I was taking away any chance of any little blessings (since if you become pg with an IUD it has to be removed and will more likely cause a miscarraige) sooo for me (and by the way i was going with the plastic mirena) i decided that I couldn't take away teh onyl way for God to give us a blessing...i mean even if i had my tubes tied HE could still bless us BUT with an IUD i was told there was no safe way to carry a baby with it in place and i felt like takign that much control was not what i needed to do...

that being said Dh and i have decided that if there is ever another blessing then i will hae my tubes tied while having the csection...

but a IUD is not for me

it might work great for some...just not for us
Just so you know I know of quite a few people who have had successful pregnancies with an IUD in place including people on this board
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #8
kanga1622
Registered Users

I am actually an IUD baby and my mom did not have to have it removed. She started with a copper one back in the early 70s and had a bad reaction in the late 70s. She then switched to a different IUD and ended up with me.

I have a lot of metal sensitivities so an IUD is not possible for me.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

So is there anyone out there who has either one who has sensitivity to hormones from other BC's and could tell me how they have reacted to it.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
loyaboya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm. Well I have a copper IUD I love it. I decided on the copper over mirena b/c I tend to notice the side effects of hormonal birth control (low libido, dryness). The side effects on their own were their own form of birth control for me because I didn't want to have sex! lol! So I knew I didn't want anything hormonal. I also know 2 people who have used mirena and they both had extreme crampiness and spotting (and had to take prescription painkillers to have it inserted). When I got the copper IUD, I took a few tylenol and the Dr said that I might have heavier or harder periods. Well I am used to painful periods so that wasn't a deterrent for me. Now I can say that I have had two postpartum periods and while they were *very* heavy, I had no cramping. I can live with that. I'm very happy with my birth control I wish I had done it sooner.
loyaboya is offline   Reply With Quote