Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me with my stash. Nb-Pottytraining...what I have so far.

Hey Mama's. How does this look so far? Please tell me what else I will need. I didn't CD DS until he was 5 or 6 months and since then I've had a rollercoaster of ups and downs as to what did and did not work as far as allergic reactions and such. Since he can only do cotton or bamboo, I want to keep my whole stash as simple and plain as possible. Here's what I have so far.

-1 Toddler snappi and 2 infant snappis

-12 preemie pfd's
-4 KL0's
-10 xs Sandy's
-2 little lions nb fitteds
-1 nb nanipoo (jack and the beanstalk...so cute I couldn't resist even though the rest of my stash is pretty plain or gn colors. )

-4 nb prowraps (white)
-2 RAR nb covers (white)
-1 nb bummis super lite (green)
-2 thirsties size 1 (red and yellow)
-2 xs MEAF (white)
-1 nb Imse Vimse cover (white)

I plan to add 2 homemade wool covers as well.

-6 infant prefolds (7-20 lbs, I think. I only use fitteds so these are backups.)
-11 small sandy's
- 1 red edge GMD workhorse

-7 small MEAF

Also plan to get 2 small and 2 medium wool covers and make about 2 fleece in each small and medium.

-3 large sandys
-3 toddlease sandys
-1 GMD workhorse brown edge
-4 GMD workhorse green edge

-2 wool covers
-1 Blueberry coverall OS cover
-3 large MEAF
-1 XL MEAF

For going out ONLY we have:
-5 swaddlebees simplex OS
-5 Blueberry Deluxe OS pockets
-1 Oh katy pocket
I use thirsties hemp in the pockets and as nighttime doublers.

I plan to make about 12 more nb diapers myself and to finish 6 small fitteds from prefolds I started but never finished. I'm thinking about getting 10 more yellow edge workhorses, 10 more red edge workhorses, 4 more brown edge workhorse and maybe 4 more blueberry coveralls OS covers. How does it look? Will I need more?

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me with my stash. Nb-Pottytraining...what I have so far.

For newborns, I personally plan on 15 diapers a day. How often do you wash? That will determine how many you need. For my recent newbie, I washed every 3rd day and had 52 total newborn diapers (40 AIOs & 12 xs prefolds). So, just looking at what you already have and what you plan on getting/making, I think your newbie stash is looking good!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think as long as you add on the planned extra diapers you look good. Do your kids get big? If they do than you may need a few more of the x-large size such as the green edge GMD prefolds/workhorse.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinhomewithmy6 View Post
For newborns, I personally plan on 15 diapers a day. How often do you wash? That will determine how many you need. For my recent newbie, I washed every 3rd day and had 52 total newborn diapers (40 AIOs & 12 xs prefolds). So, just looking at what you already have and what you plan on getting/making, I think your newbie stash is looking good!
I wash everyother day usually, lately it's been everyday so I think I need a few more diapers for DS. I'd like to have enough incase I have to go 3 days because if it's anything like it was with DS, I will be down for a few days. I had DS on a Wednesday and didn't go home until Saturday night so in case the same thing happens, I'd like to have enough diapers to go a few days. DH has a ton of trouble with diaper laundry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I think as long as you add on the planned extra diapers you look good. Do your kids get big? If they do than you may need a few more of the x-large size such as the green edge GMD prefolds/workhorse.

DS is almost 13 months and 27 pounds. He's been in the 80-85th percentile for height and weight both since he was 2 months old...before then it was 30th -60th. He started out smaller at birth in the 30th and went up to 40th at a month then the 50-60th at two months and stayed in the 80-90 range since then so I don't know what to expect with our next. I wear the brown and green edge on him now but they green are still a little big...

Thanks!!