Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TTA, but might be pregnant...wait with me for AF

Morning all,

Well, we DTD the day after my period because I chart and this is usually a safe time as I do not ovulate for another week...but ovulation came early this month I think as I had mucus/discharge only 4 days after my period. So some strong swimmers could have stuck around...

And now I am having early pregnancy symptoms, sore lower back, nausea, pelvic pain/cramps, etc. But they could also be a bad PMS month right, so waiting to see what happens in a week. Period is due on the 20th.

Not sure how I feel about this right now...DH is planning his V for the next month as we feel we are good with 2, but when I think about having a third surprise baby it feels right too...weird feeling. It would be stressful for us though as DH was laid off a couple of months ago, and I really want to stay home if we have a third.

Ugh.

Anyone want to keep me company waiting and help me to not freak out.

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTA, but might be pregnant...wait with me for AF

I'm with ya' mama! I don't really know when my period is due, probably a week and a half now. I am not charting or any thing and we were talking about ttc #4 but due to some health issues on my end plus just being happy with where we are we were getting pretty close to knowing that we were done. You mentioned lower back pain. I don't remember that with my last 3 pregnancies but my lower back has been killing me. IF I'm pregnant it would have been from when we dtd almost two weeks ago. I'm dying to test because I really want to know but I'm scared to know and I'd be terrified to tell anyone. I almost died after ds3 and when we were discussing #4 we have several family members tell me they'd be mad at me and how selfish it would be for me to even consider another one when I almost died and left them all last time. I think they are right, that is the biggest reason we were pretty sure we are done. We are in an ok place financially to have another and my boys would be thrilled (they want a sister) but we can have another through adoption without risking my life. I'm really getting scared that I am pregnant. I'll wait with you mama!

I want to add that my ob and cardiologist have cleared me to have another, they think that my heart failure last time was a one time deal and that since we know to monitor for it I am totally ok and they expect a problem free pregnancy...but what do they know. They COULD be wrong. I'm off my blood pressure meds because of the possibility of being pregnant and my blood pressure is high, like 150/90 resting. It was 106/65 regularly while on my meds. THAT is why I am concerned.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!

Last edited by 2boysmama; 08-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mama! It is nice to have someone to wait with!
I also have not told anyone. Are there BP meds that you can take while pregnant? Would switching to another kind be a possibility?

Today, I am having definite early symptoms...breasts feeling very sensitive and like they are expanding...LOL, and nauseous, tired, etc., but I have had it happen before where it is a bad PMS cycle. Since having my boys my hormonal changes during the month have become more extreme.

I find the waiting so hard, I need to try and be patient! I am also dying to test, but I know it is too early and a waste of $, but I am still sorely tempted.

Last edited by Sigrid; 08-12-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are safe meds, they just wanted me to try to go drug free since usually a woman has lower blood pressure during pregnancy (so that is pointing to me NOT being pregnant since it is still high). I am still on the water pill but he said to go off that as soon as I know if I am pregnant. I'm with you on wanting to test. I can't even remember exactly when my last period was. I'm thinking 2.5 weeks maybe 3 weeks ago? So I may be closer to starting than I think and that would explain some of the prepregnancy/pms symptoms that you can never tell which is which. Ha ha, I'm thinking I will be relieved for sure when (if) AF comes. I would go to the $ store and buy some tests but I'd have to have my kids with me and the oldest one can read and I don't want to deal with his questions. Also, my boobs don't hurt at all and that was always the first thing I noticed. I'm not sure which way you are leaning (if you are secretly wanting to be pregnant or not) but I wish you luck and a fast couple weeks!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am with you, too. We dtd then I believe I o'ed the week right after my period. I haven't ovulated since March when I stopped bc so I was a little shocked. Af is due on the 25th but have been feeling very sick to my stomach, tired, and my boobs are killing me. I guess we will see if it is a baby or really bad pms
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
There are safe meds, they just wanted me to try to go drug free since usually a woman has lower blood pressure during pregnancy (so that is pointing to me NOT being pregnant since it is still high). I am still on the water pill but he said to go off that as soon as I know if I am pregnant. I'm with you on wanting to test. I can't even remember exactly when my last period was. I'm thinking 2.5 weeks maybe 3 weeks ago? So I may be closer to starting than I think and that would explain some of the prepregnancy/pms symptoms that you can never tell which is which. Ha ha, I'm thinking I will be relieved for sure when (if) AF comes. I would go to the $ store and buy some tests but I'd have to have my kids with me and the oldest one can read and I don't want to deal with his questions. Also, my boobs don't hurt at all and that was always the first thing I noticed. I'm not sure which way you are leaning (if you are secretly wanting to be pregnant or not) but I wish you luck and a fast couple weeks!
Thanks! I am not sure which way I am leaning either! Our plan was to be content with two, and three would change things but not necessarily for the bad...

If your boobs don't hurt and they usually do then hopefully you are in the safe zone!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I am with you, too. We dtd then I believe I o'ed the week right after my period. I haven't ovulated since March when I stopped bc so I was a little shocked. Af is due on the 25th but have been feeling very sick to my stomach, tired, and my boobs are killing me. I guess we will see if it is a baby or really bad pms
Welcome! Were you trying to avoid or thinking about starting to try?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm waiting, too. I've had some bizarre spotting the last few days, but today... only a brown drop from my diva cup. (Sorry if tmi. LOL) We use the pull out method of birth control.

And and DH is "done" and I wish we could have another, but would be fine if we don't. Just wish he'd take that final step kwim?
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaner View Post
I'm waiting, too. I've had some bizarre spotting the last few days, but today... only a brown drop from my diva cup. (Sorry if tmi. LOL) We use the pull out method of birth control.

And and DH is "done" and I wish we could have another, but would be fine if we don't. Just wish he'd take that final step kwim?
AF came! I am relieved because I have other health stuff going on that would make being pregnant right now harder, but on the other hand the thought of another LO was tempting too. KWIM. I am totally with you on wanting DH to take the final step, my DH finally has contacted a surgeon to schedule the big V, but I have been waiting for him to do so for almost 18 months.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hooray for af coming! I know what you mean, I was over a week late a couple months ago and it was not good timing, but still the idea of a LO is exciting. We won't be TTC for 6 months. However, we had a condom malfunction the day before O, so now I am waiting. I have another week though until I could test.