Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
1healthylady
Registered Users

Washing Instructions

I didn't see anything about this going several pages back, so I'll ask and hope it wasn't just answered. Our little one is due in less than 6 weeks. I still need to write out the CD laundry instructions for DH for the first 5 days when I'm supposed to be on bed rest recovering, per MWs instructions. But I don't know what those instructions are! What do you do? Pre-rinse? Hot or cold wash? How many rinses after the wash cycle? What about PUL in the dryer? (Speaking of which, should I prep the covers I made by throwing them in the dryer for a bit? I feel like I saw somewhere that you have to do that to seal the stitches and make it waterproof.) I bought my prefolds used on here, and all my covers are home made. I haven't prepped anything since I still don't know what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for your advice!!

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Washing Instructions

For the used prefolds I would just wash then once with detergent and bleach and be done. You can throw the covers in with some clothes and dry them once. For normal washing of soiled diapers I do:
Warm or Cold prewash with nothing
Hot wash/cold rinse with Tide Free powder to the 1 line
Sometimes a 2nd rinse

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I prewash poopy diapers. I put in pail & wash every 2 to 3 days. I prewash & regular cycle, hot wash cold rinse. I do extra rinse if lots of bubbles. I line dry outside or rack inside. If u do in dryer dry on low (my pockets say that) because otherwise destroy pul( I hae seen like crumpled ceran). For some really dirty ones I put in oxiclean & or sun depending on stain. I have he front load. I use dreft.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
1healthylady
Registered Users

Follow up question: when you do that first rinse cycle (we don't have a pre-wash option on our 10 year old top-loader), do you let it run the spin cycle as well or just rinse then start the actual wash cycle from the beginning?