Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What is your favorite FLAT fold for a toddler girl?

I've been using the fold where you fold the long way, fold the short way and take the corner to make a weird looking triangle. Then you flip it over and fold the rectangle part into thirds. Clear as mud, right?

I need to find something else for my dd, who is almost 14 months. She's outgrowing the rise on that fold. Our flats are 27 in. by approx. 28/29 in.

Help! What works well for you for a girly toddler?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's the origami fold. My DD is 13 months and I prefer the Airplane fold and the Diaper Bag fold. You can go to YouTube and find a ton of flat folds! There's a great (and LONG) flat fold picture thread and tutorial on here somewhere. I'm mobile but maybe someone else can find it and link it.

You can still make the fold you're using work by not folding the flat completely in half on that first fold, just leave a few inches at the top and carry on the fold as usual. That being said, I my GMD large flats because of the larger sizing. I also have DR large and small flats.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your favorite FLAT fold for a toddler girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT View Post
That's the origami fold. My DD is 13 months and I prefer the Airplane fold and the Diaper Bag fold. You can go to YouTube and find a ton of flat folds! There's a great (and LONG) flat fold picture thread and tutorial on here somewhere. I'm mobile but maybe someone else can find it and link it.

You can still make the fold you're using work by not folding the flat completely in half on that first fold, just leave a few inches at the top and carry on the fold as usual. That being said, I my GMD large flats because of the larger sizing. I also have DR large and small flats.
Oh thanks, I didn't even think of not folding completely in half the long way. I will go to youtube and check out the airplane and diaper bag fold too!

The only time that I fold them is when we're home and she just runs around in a t-shirt. Otherwise, I do a pad-fold and lay in a flip. Love flips!
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote