Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

soo question...

Okay here is my ordeal... DD is 3 years old. I had BF her for 6.5 months and she didn't have interest after awhile because we both got H1N1 and I couldn't feed her because of all the medications I was on plus pain meds for other issues I had there after. BUT anyway..

I am now pregnant with number 2 and she is going to be quite close to 4. She seeks comfort in my breasts. I am a little nervous as to what to do if she asks to nurse when I am nursing the baby. I have no issues with it at all I just don't really know how to explain it to her that this is where her baby brother will get all his "eat eats" because he is a baby.

Should I express some milk in the cup for her once he comes? She is very curious and I am terrified of jealousy from her when he is born and is nursing all the time and she won't be nursing at all. Kind of taking her mommy away from her and her comfort.

Advice welcome!

TY!

Advertisement

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012

Last edited by clatchford2011; 07-31-2012 at 06:25 PM.
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: soo question...

I know a gal who I think hers are like2 yrs apart.so not 2 or close & baby few months now. Both nursing & she said feed baby on one side & other on other (baby feed first). I will be running into that mayb. I'm preg with 3 & had to stop with 2nd at 14month. She loved to nurse. U could express & let her have milk in cup. My 15 month loves almond milk tho.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Let her try. At her age, it's unlikely she wi pick it back up. It's actually very common for this to happen.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

thanks ladies... I am quite sure she won't remember how to latch on but if she wants I will put some milk in the cup. She is already asking if I can give her some milk. I go for the fridge and she says no mommy milk... :-\

3 more months baby girl you can have some LOL!

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just let her know baby gets milk first. Technically if you are only nursing one baby, you should make milk for one baby. So don't go crazy pumping at first. Could really out you in pain..
Old 08-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

my ds is almost 3, and i just had dd 2 months ago. i haven't bf'ed him since he was 11 months, and i thought he might want to try it again when he saw his baby sister nursing. he's definitely curious about the process, and asks lots of questions about what i'm doing and why. but he hasn't asked yet. he is a little jealous of all the time i spend nursing her though, and i won't lie, it hasn't been easy. but he's getting used to it. even though it's been 2 months, lately he's been starting to nuzzle at my breasts more both when dd is nursing, and when she's not. he hasn't asked yet, but i think he still might and has just been gathering his courage to come out with it before she was born i wasn't sure what i was going to say about it, but now that she's here and time has passed, if he asks i think i'll let him try. i don't think he'll have any idea how to do it, but i think he just wants to know that it's ok and that i love him the same way i love his sister. i'd give him a cup of expressed milk if he asked too, but i think, for him anyways, it's not so much about the milk as it is about the closeness with me.

if she asks, i think no harm in letting her try. she probably won't really be able to figure it out, but once she knows it's ok will probably just move on from it
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote