Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
mommyjlo
Registered Users
seller

Tots Bots - a couple of questions (fit, etc.)

So I have the Tots Bots V2 love that most everyone has , but I am trying to figure out the fit on my 13.5 lb 3 month old. I was using the smallest rise setting, but it seemed to be tight around the legs and "gappy" at the front of the waist. I changed to the 2nd rise setting, and it seems to be a better fit overall, but something about the stiffness of the aplix waistline seems to make it pull forward. It's plenty tight around the back, so I don't feel like I should pull the aplix any closer together. I haven't had any leaks because of this, but it just doesn't seem like the most comfortable fit on my LO.

It also seems like the crotch starts to sag on the 2nd rise setting...
And
It seems like the bamboo has a weird smell when it's wet (also notice this on Bamboozles)... anyone else notice that? I don't have it with any of my other diapers (microfiber, cotton, etc.)
And
If the aplix isn't just right, it seems like it rubs my LO's tummy- am I crazy?

Looking forward to hearing other's experiences. I love SO much about this diaper...

Advertisement

mommyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
holocene
Registered Users

Re: Tots Bots - a couple of questions (fit, etc.)

We are dealing with a similar thing right now with our v2's.
We are sort of in between the middle and fully unsnapped rise settings. It seems to tight on his thighs on the middle setting, but it's too high of a rise, and too saggy in the crotch when fully unsnapped. We do have gaping at his belly when on the middle rise setting.
I'm really frustrated with them because on the middle rise setting, the velcro rubs on his thighs. And fully unsnapped, the velcro rubs his tummy. Ugh!

Honestly, I love the easy fits on tiny babies, until about 18lbs, and then I don't like the fit anymore. I have half a dozen packed away for baby no.2 but I don't foresee ever using them on DS again.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tots Bots - a couple of questions (fit, etc.)

I also get the gapping a bit and feel like sometimes the aplix rubs on her belly. I have both versions of the TB and it does it on both. I'm not sure about the smell, I've never noticed any with mine. I think they fit okay, but not my favorite by any means. Although I do love the durability of their aplix.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
mommyjlo
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the replies, mamas!! It's very helpful!!- Anyone else have something to add?
mommyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have the V3 but newby isn't here yet so my only experience is with my 30lb. 3yr old. They are the best fitting diaper we have right now for him at night. I wouldn't get too bummed, maybe they are just an awkward fit right now, but will fit better again soon.