Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where do you plan to birth?

Just wondering what plans you have.

I've had two hospital births, one augmented with pit/epi during an induction at 41 weeks - still regret agreeing to that, as it didn't go the way I'd hoped it would... and one natural where I labored in the tub before getting out to push, a hospital requirement. This time we are planning a HB with a MW. I'm very excited.

Advertisement

JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where do you plan to birth?

We're having a homebirth.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had two hospital births with no interventions, and with this one I'd really like to go to a birth center that opened up recently, but it isn't covered by insurance. For now I'm seeing a doctor, and we're trying to work out if the birth center is financially doable.
If we end up delivering at the hospital, I'll probably regret not being able to go to the birth center, but if we end up at the birth center, I'll worry about the finances.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm planning a homebirth with a MW. If all goes well this will be my second homebirth.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
katymf
Registered Users
seller

FX for a waterbirth (hospital)
Old 07-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
darcyray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am birthing at the Base hospital, I have had 2 c-sections non-urgent and would like at least a trail of labor which they are all for and I'm seeing a MW. I have had all sorts of emotions about it that last few weeks...more doubt then anything, but last night I had a vision of having the baby in my bath tub at HOME and I was elated!! Then I wondered what I should do...first thing first...wake up my DH!!!!!
Darcy SAHM to Clay 7/7 Abi 6/10 Ava 10/12: ,TTC:#4 wife to KC my ssgt
darcyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
abhernandez
Registered Users

Private hospital. There are no other options, as births are illegal outside of hospitals in Argentina. And while I think that's extreme, at least hospital births are available to all as the country's public hospital are free. But honestly if I had a choice, I'd still say hospital. It's baby #1 and I'm a pansy. I'm not afraid of the birth itself but I just want to be around doctors if somethings wrong with the baby or I need an emergency c-section.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Homebirth. In front of my fireplace.
dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

This time around we're planning a hospital birth with a totally NCB friendly/advocate OB (he's awesome). The hospital has labor tubs (which is nice even though my last birth went fast so I'm hoping I can use it if I have the chance).

My first was a hospital (induced/epi) and my second was a planned home birth Hubby is more comfortable with me being in the hospital this time plus we live further away from the hospital this time than with baby #2 so I'm more comfortable with it too. If I didn't have this OB I'd be very reluctant to have a hospital birth.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are planning a birth center birth....if I make it to 37 weeks. I always go early...not super early but 35-36 weeks would not be out of the ordinary for me. If I go prior to 37 weeks I will be with my midwife at the hospital...not ideal but they are supportive of natural birth so it wouldn't be terrible either