Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where do you plan to birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Private hospital. There are no other options, as births are illegal outside of hospitals in Argentina. And while I think that's extreme, at least hospital births are available to all as the country's public hospital are free. But honestly if I had a choice, I'd still say hospital. It's baby #1 and I'm a pansy. I'm not afraid of the birth itself but I just want to be around doctors if somethings wrong with the baby or I need an emergency c-section.
Birthing where you are most comfortable is important! You're not a pansy.

Advertisement

JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm giving birth in my house.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Birth center is the plan!

DD1 was natural, unmedicated hospital birth, so I'm excited to do a birth center this time around. I'm so please with the whole way the birth center is arranged!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Provided all goes well, we will be having our 2nd homebirth. I would love to go to a birth center, mostly because the closest one would be covered by insurance and I wouldn't have to pay so much OOP but I have already had one baby in the car and feel much safer with staying home. We are so far away from everything that it's just not an option for us.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

We are planning our second home water birth DD was born at a small birth center on the couch, I didn't make it to the bed or the planned water birth (actually was suppose to be at my father's house) as I was in denial that I would be in labor forever after being stuck at 2 cm for 22 hours Both previous and this one will obviously be un-medicated.

With DD I had a retained placenta that had to be manually extracted (VERY painful, worse than giving birth by far- I guess they usually medicate you pretty heavily before they do it usually but hey I made it) and ended up bleeding quite a bit. They said at one point if I didn't stop we would have to go into the hospital. So anyways I was a little nervous it would happen again with DS, although our midwife assured me it would be very rare for it to happen twice to the same person but you never know. Despite this I planned a home water birth with DS having faith in our midwife to handle it again should it happen and having faith in myself to go through it again if neccessary. Everything went perfect with DS's placenta and birth though so I'm hoping for the same this time

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBearsMama View Post
Birthing where you are most comfortable is important! You're not a pansy.

True. I guess I mean a little extra hand holding/structure since I have no idea what to expect since I have no previous experiences.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
We are planning our second home water birth DD was born at a small birth center on the couch, I didn't make it to the bed or the planned water birth (actually was suppose to be at my father's house) as I was in denial that I would be in labor forever after being stuck at 2 cm for 22 hours Both previous and this one will obviously be un-medicated.

With DD I had a retained placenta that had to be manually extracted (VERY painful, worse than giving birth by far- I guess they usually medicate you pretty heavily before they do it usually but hey I made it) and ended up bleeding quite a bit. They said at one point if I didn't stop we would have to go into the hospital. So anyways I was a little nervous it would happen again with DS, although our midwife assured me it would be very rare for it to happen twice to the same person but you never know. Despite this I planned a home water birth with DS having faith in our midwife to handle it again should it happen and having faith in myself to go through it again if neccessary. Everything went perfect with DS's placenta and birth though so I'm hoping for the same this time
*shudders* With my DS2 who was born at home my placenta was falling apart and I retained part of it that had to be manually removed. I will NEVER forget how awful that was. Thankfully I didn't start bleeding, but uggghhhh that feeling! Horrible!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dannimom-you make me want a fireplace...sigh...sounds great in february!

AFM-homebirth number 2. My first was a horrible hospital birth. I hate birth and am terrible at it...i think it hurts like crazy...so if i go to the hospital i will end up with drugs. And as much as i hate it, I LOVE the feeling right after and how easy the recovery is from a natural birth (usually).
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

at a hospital, although due to changes in insurance it will be at a different hospital than where I delivered DS BUT I will have my same Dr. and I have heard good things about the hospital. I will have a planned C-section due to my previous experience so my main concerns will be about the hospitals policy on if baby can be in recovery with me. with DS I was able to hold him as they wheeled me from the OR into recovery and he only left my sight for 15 minutes for his bath. I am praying that this hospital will allow a similar experience as long as both me and baby are healthy!