Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #101
silvergirl0007
Registered Users

Re: Why do so many drs do early us?

My doctor likes to be very thorough in his exams and I have no problem with this. I'd probably see some jaws drop to admit that we get an ultrasound at every appointment. I went in when I was 6 weeks the first time. He checks positioning, fluid, heart beat, etc at every appointment from the start. I am perfectly OK with this. I say it should be up to the mother/father and doctor. My insurance pays for each one. I am 35 weeks at the moment and can't even count the number of US we have had. I know at least three of them were in both 2D and 3D though. We have a disc with all the images that the doctor adds to at each appointment.

Advertisement

silvergirl0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #102
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergirl0007 View Post
My doctor likes to be very thorough in his exams and I have no problem with this. I'd probably see some jaws drop to admit that we get an ultrasound at every appointment. I went in when I was 6 weeks the first time. He checks positioning, fluid, heart beat, etc at every appointment from the start. I am perfectly OK with this. I say it should be up to the mother/father and doctor. My insurance pays for each one. I am 35 weeks at the moment and can't even count the number of US we have had. I know at least three of them were in both 2D and 3D though. We have a disc with all the images that the doctor adds to at each appointment.
It's incredible to me that insurance pays for this, though. With my first pregnancy I was told that insurance would only cover 2 ultrasounds unless there was a problem.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #103
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516

It's incredible to me that insurance pays for this, though. With my first pregnancy I was told that insurance would only cover 2 ultrasounds unless there was a problem.
I doubt they bill it each time.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #104
silvergirl0007
Registered Users

You both made me curious so I looked it up online on my completed insurance claims. A visit in February was billed and completed as radiology (cost the company $99, billed for $150) and then one I had in June was billed for $225 and $151 was paid. That is the only charge, so I'd assume he just bundles the cost into the visit when billing the insurance company.
silvergirl0007 is offline   Reply With Quote