Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Blueberry flats, edges

I just got some new, and washed/dried, and the edges don't lay flat! I got these ones because they are serged and I thought they were suppose to lay flat, did I do something wrong?

Advertisement

KimKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
OrchidMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blueberry flats, edges

Some of my edges lay flat, some have creased. I think if you line dry them they'll be flatter. I wondered about that, I thought serged was supposed to lay flat too.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have flats with serged edges and flats with hemmed edges. They all seem to wrinkle up to some extent.....the only ones that don't are my hemp/cotton Rumpeez and my receiving blankets. Little Lions seem pretty good, but they aren't made anymore. My Osocozy are serged and they are the worst I have....super absorbent so I love them, but still super wrinkly edges.

Not anything you are doing at all....just the flats.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

My blueberry flats have done the same thing. The sergered edges are curling in. It seems to get worse every time I was them which is super frustration. I use them as pocket inserts and my "inserts" keep getting smaller. Super frustrating. I still have some that lay perfectly flat. Weird. Nothing else works for my heavy wetter like this so I just deal with it.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My personal observation is that the edges wrinkle on both kinds. The main difference is that with hemmed flats, the edges are already thicker in the first place due to the hemming. So with hemming + wrinkling, it is like, super bumpy. With the serged flats, you'll get wrinkles, but it doesn't make nearly as noticeable of a bump in a folded dipe since there isn't the added bumpiness of the hem.

You definitely are not doing anything wrong :-)
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

A while back GMDKaren posted that it's likely to to FL vs TL washing machine! She recommended ironing the worst offenders from time to time if it really bothers you.

I have Blueberry unbleached cotton flats and I find that they do wrinkle some, but not terribly. They are much flatter when padfolded than my imagine bamboos (which don't seem to wrinkle, but have a big fat hem).
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ug, there goes that theroy
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks. I will try to iron or re wash.
KimKim is offline   Reply With Quote