Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Prefolds vs Fitteds, Kissaluvs vs Blueberry

Hey mamas, I need some comparisons so I can decide if this is a good idea or not.
Diaper changes in public restrooms are a disaster and leave DD2 and I both drained and fed up. As soon as she sees that table come into view she starts crying, and that quickly turns into screaming. It must sound to other people in there like I am killing her. At home she loves her changes, no matter where in the house they take place, and changing her in the back of the car is a compromise (she doesn't like it, but will deal) but isn't always an option. I need a quicker option I think...

So: Are fitteds really any quicker than prefolds?

If so: Blueberry One Size Bamboo Fitted or Kissaluvs Organic Cotton/Hemp Fitted?

I'm leaning toward the Kissaluvs strictly due to price (even though the elephant print Blueberry is screaming "BUY ME!" ). For the cost of ONE diaper I can buy a dozen prefolds and that really bothers me. I have been considering doing this for 2 months and haven't committed due to the cost.
Drying time, absorbency and quality are what I am really wanting to hear about, IF they are really quicker to put on than a prefold.

And a disclaimer: I am trying to decide between these two brands because they use latex-free elastic, which is majorly important in our home. If you know of a different fitted that is great and is latex-free, please let me know I also have ZERO interest in anything with microfiber or ZORB inners.

Advertisement

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Prefolds vs Fitteds, Kissaluvs vs Blueberry

Honestly I don't find fitteds under a cover to be a better or quicker system. Could you try trifolding when out? Now fitteds under wool longies or shorties is quick and efficient IMO but otherwise it's still a 2 part system. I would just bring with me several pre-loaded prefolds in covers for fast changes. This always worked well for me.

If you like prefolds though and want to try some fitteds I would suggest GMD workhorse or Motherease. I don't know about the elastic but they should be able to tell you and the CS for both companies is excellent.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks. I do use some wool. The only issue with tri-folding is that if she poops it will be a mess and take longer to clean up. I'm pretty quick with a prefold, but when she is screaming and writhing it takes a while because it all falls apart before I can get the boingos on it, kwim? At home I think it'd be about the same time-wise between prefolds and fitteds... but I am starting to think that with this isue in public a fitted might speed things up. I could be wrong though, and being out that much money bothers me.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

i'd say try to find a few of those fitteds you mentioned on FSOT, then if they don't work for you, just FSOT them right back, that way you won't be out so much money if they don't work for you, and you won't have to keep wondering!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fitteds can be changed more easily while your child stands or leans against you. We have done this when no changing table was available. I have several of the kissaluvs hemp/cotton fitteds. I was able to get good ones for $9-$11. They do get wing droop but this is not a concern if your lo is not going coverlesss.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote