Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
2wonderfulboys's Avatar
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,169
Find a new Dr/birthing center?

I just found out I am pregnant. I called my OB who I have been a patient with for 10 years and had both my children with. Its a new policy you have to go to the birthing center to have a urine preg test done before they will make you an apt. So I went up there (I have seriously taken 25 test at home all of them positive) took the test-negative. So I went back this morning and took it again with FMU-again negative. I asked to see the test and they wouldn't let me see it and also couldn't tell me why I would get so many positives at home and negative there. They were also very rude to me. I may just call and let them know after this. So I went immediately to another hospital birthing center took a test and it was POSITIVE! Just like all the others. It makes me wonder if these women can't get a pregnancy test right why in the world would I want to give birth to another baby there? Do I want them taking care of me and my newborn? I love my OB she is wonderful, but they have a new policy that you have to rotate between the 4 Drs in the office. Should I just find a new OB? Please help

Advertisement

2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Rdesonia's Avatar
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,499
My Mood:
Re: Find a new Dr/birthing center?

I'd find a new doctor. Rude staff, can't get a simple test right, refuse to make an appt, and you have to rotate docs so I'm going to assume it will be on-call that delivers. Only 1 in 4 chance "your" doc will delivery you. (I'd verify that but why else the rotation??)
__________________
Sahm married to a wonderful man who does the dishes with DS 11/18/02 and DD 7/11/11

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
2wonderfulboys's Avatar
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I'd find a new doctor. Rude staff, can't get a simple test right, refuse to make an appt, and you have to rotate docs so I'm going to assume it will be on-call that delivers. Only 1 in 4 chance "your" doc will delivery you. (I'd verify that but why else the rotation??)
Yes, its whoever is on call. I had to do this with the birth of my last son, but there were only 3 Drs then. I got lucky and my Dr delivered, but what are the chances it will happen again.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: Find a new Dr/birthing center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I'd find a new doctor. Rude staff, can't get a simple test right, refuse to make an appt, and you have to rotate docs so I'm going to assume it will be on-call that delivers. Only 1 in 4 chance "your" doc will delivery you. (I'd verify that but why else the rotation??)
Ya that ^^ I say ditch this doc and pick a new one. What idiots, who messes up a pregnancy test twice?! Sorry for your experience mama, that would have freaked me out!
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
z2akids's Avatar
z2akids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,424
Re: Find a new Dr/birthing center?

They may not have "messed up" the pregnancy test. There are lots of different varieties of pregnancy tests and not all of them are as sensitive as other ones. They may have less sensitive tests.
__________________
Jennifer
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
2wonderfulboys's Avatar
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids
They may not have "messed up" the pregnancy test. There are lots of different varieties of pregnancy tests and not all of them are as sensitive as other ones. They may have less sensitive tests.
Yes this is true, but I work for the same group/network. We order all our supplies from the same place. I have taken the same test at work (twice) and tested positive both times.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
hohaas's Avatar
hohaas
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,660
My Mood:
If youre not comfortable w the new policy then change drs.
__________________
Holly, mommy to 6 ~ 4 on earth 2 in Heaven
hohaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
2wonderfulboys's Avatar
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas
If youre not comfortable w the new policy then change drs.
It's not the new policy. I had my last son with rotation. It's the ppl who work at the birthing center. I <3 my Dr, and didn't mind the others either, though of course I prefer my Dr.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
onegratefulmama's Avatar
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,697
Re: Find a new Dr/birthing center?

I may not be understanding this correctly so feel free to disregard but it sounds like your Dr and the birth center are 2 different locations? If so, I would recommend that you contact your OB and tell them what happened to you. They probably have no idea how you were treated and really should know so that they can address it with the birthing center staff. Regardless of if you stay there or especially not - telling them why you are leaving and what happened to you would be helpful to your OB and other mama's who come in too. That sounds so stressful and inappropriate on many levels I'm sorry this happened to you mama and hope that you can talk with someone to voice your concerns.
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
EuphoricDysphoria's Avatar
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,080
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegratefulmama
I may not be understanding this correctly so feel free to disregard but it sounds like your Dr and the birth center are 2 different locations? If so, I would recommend that you contact your OB and tell them what happened to you. They probably have no idea how you were treated and really should know so that they can address it with the birthing center staff. Regardless of if you stay there or especially not - telling them why you are leaving and what happened to you would be helpful to your OB and other mama's who come in too. That sounds so stressful and inappropriate on many levels I'm sorry this happened to you mama and hope that you can talk with someone to voice your concerns.
I agree. This is how I was understanding it as well and I would call the OB to tell them.
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.