Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Membrane Sweep?

Thanks so much, everyone!

I'm going to read more and think about it more. There's just such a spectrum from everything I've read, from "Yes, contractions started that day and I delivered 12 hours later" to "No, it broke my water/gave me contractions but I didn't progress and needed to be induced." Most of the real risk seems to be from if your water breaks.

My water broke with my son before contractions started, my labor was very painful but he was sunny side up and I stopped progressing at 6cm, so I'm not sure if having the extra fluid in there would have helped the labor at all.

I'm going to cross my fingers that this baby decides to come before my next appointment. Next weekend would be perfect, though... especially for having my mom be able to stay at our house to watch our son, and not have to miss work. And I'll be so sad if my doctor can't deliver, I know I'll be more relaxed in her care, and I really trust her and know that she knows me and my body better than any other doctor would. She remembers my last labor and delivery so well, too.

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 07-29-2012 at 10:15 AM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
yatts10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had it done with my first pregnancy. I went into labor early the next morning. I plan on doing it again in an effort to sorta " plan" when I have the baby (if it works again or if she doesn't come early). I had a very quick labor...3 hours, so my family didn't make it in time. I want my mom to be in the delivery room, so hopefully everything will go as planned. Btw, it wasn't bad at all.
yatts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks again everyone! Turns out I didn't need to worry, by water broke on its own early yesterday. Was able to birth vaginally, did need some pitocin to move things along but everything went great. I was able to go med-free and my doctor delivered my healthy baby girl.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #14
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome! Congrats!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would only have it done if it was to avoid other interventions, and I did.

With my second, I was forced into scheduling an induction as we neared the forty-fourth week. On the day of my last biophysical profile and non-stress test, I had my midwife do all of the "natural induction techniques" that she could. She did pressure point massages on the lower legs, black and blue cohoshes, and a membrane sweep. I didn't want to have interventions, but chose them in hopes that it would work and keep me from having to have an induction, as this was the exact opposite of the birth experience I wanted. It may have worked for me, as I went into labor that night and my baby was born at home as planned forty minutes before we were scheduled to go into the hospital for the induction two days later.

Heheheh. Didn't read the whole thread. Glad you didn't have to worry about it and you have your healthy baby girl! Congratulations!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...

Last edited by cheezpoofs; 08-01-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added Something
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #16
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! It's still nice to read other people's experiences.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had it done two months ago and was cramping before we got out of the parking lot...had baby 13 hours later at 6am! By FAR my best delivery yet!! My first full term baby too! Congrats on your baby girl!!