Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Singapore math (primary mathematics) questions..

We're switching to HOD Little Hearts for His Glory (from Christian Liberty Press's complete curriculum).

We were using CLP's Liberty Mathematics (Level K for DD, Level A for DS) but the kids are bored because it's waaay to easy for them (both are strong in math and doing single digit addition and some subtraction with ease).

Singapore math's Primary and Earlybird math series are used in HOD and I am considering switching because I've read that its much more in depth and covers more and covers more advanced topics than most for the grade levels (K and 1st are my kiddos).

Basically I am looking for some opinions and experiences with Singapore Primary and Earlybird from families that use(d) it.. Thanks!

Mama to 4 Mini Humans Creature 1 (7), Creature 2 (7), Creature 3 (5), and Creature 4 (3)
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Singapore math (primary mathematics) questions..

My oldest has used level 1. It is very conceptually strong. We also use MEP, which is a free British adaptation of a strong Hungarian math program. It keeps things very developmentally appropriate, but still allows kids to puzzle things out.
~wife to The Husband , mom to my clan!
Abigail (05/06), Emmett (10/07), Eleanor (07/09), Hyrum (05/11), Lorenzo (04/13), and Heidi (05/15).
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Singapore math (primary mathematics) questions..

We are using Singapore Essential Math with our HOD LHFHG program,and we like it,although book A is very easy. My DD was far beyond it,but we went through the whole book A to make sure all concepts were perfected.
Christian Momma to:
Homeschooling K'er! & Toddler tornado
LindsayNErik is offline   Reply With Quote