Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you use a maternity pillow?

I have a sleep number bed that I got in April 2005 and have been singing it's praises ever since. Well in February, my in-laws finally got a sleep number bed (they love it too) and said we referred them to them. This made us get a $100 coupon for anything in the store. Honestly in the 7 years we have had the bed, we haven't had anything break down on it that I would want replaced. However at the time that we got the bed, we didn't get the brackets for a headboard as we didn't have one and planned on getting a new bed (not mattress) in the near future. 7 years later we are no closer to that dream and I am wanting the brackets so I can use a headboard (got on freecycle!! YAY!) on our bed. HOWEVER the brackets only cost $30 and I have to use the whole coupon at once.

My thought is to get a maternity pillow as it is $42. I really don't want to go over the $100 and honestly the only thing we could use for our bed is Quick Zip sheets which they don't sell!

Did you find that the maternity pillow helped you? How do you use it? I have been pregnant 3 times and never used such a thing.

Advertisement

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 07-23-2012 at 09:28 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
WilliamsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you use a maternity pillow?

I had a very small maternity pillow that I used in between my legs/knees. It was a godsend for this, because I had the worst hip pain when I woke up before I used it. The full body ones I didn't get into...the one I had said it could "go under your stomach to support it" but it never did that well...it was too wide and stiff to do so.

If any of that makes sense...I am running on hardly any sleep here.
WilliamsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, we have a couple really fat pillows and i use those between my legs when im really PG
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did and I adored it. I bought the Leachco one that was shaped like a huge U. I used it upside down and put the "leg" parts of the U up at my shoulders because I wanted to use my own pillow. I could hug it at night and turn the other way and have something to hug that way. Plenty of room to put it between my legs.

I think it really helped my hips. Every day when I got out of the bed to shower, my dogs hopped in. They seemed to think it was a large dog bed They (each 70 lbs) would lay in it side by side until I got out of the shower and kicked them out. So, if you have dogs, beware

I had a C/S and when I came home from the hospital I kept using it because I found that I could hug it in a certain way and keep my abs comfy.

We have a king sized bed and it took up a lot of room. My DH was happy to see it go.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a large body pillow that suits me fine.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
kwilkes
Registered Users
seller

I had a body pillow and got a super soft cover for it from Target. It was wonderful during the last couple of months of pregnancy.
kwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
I did and I adored it. I bought the Leachco one that was shaped like a huge U. I used it upside down and put the "leg" parts of the U up at my shoulders because I wanted to use my own pillow. I could hug it at night and turn the other way and have something to hug that way. Plenty of room to put it between my legs.

I think it really helped my hips. Every day when I got out of the bed to shower, my dogs hopped in. They seemed to think it was a large dog bed They (each 70 lbs) would lay in it side by side until I got out of the shower and kicked them out. So, if you have dogs, beware

I had a C/S and when I came home from the hospital I kept using it because I found that I could hug it in a certain way and keep my abs comfy.

We have a king sized bed and it took up a lot of room. My DH was happy to see it go.
This! I have the same one and use it the same. Using it for another pregnancy now! DH hates it but it helps me sleep so he tolerates it. Love it!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post

I have this exact pillow and it's just amazing. I can't imagine pregnancy without it. I still use other pillows because I like a ton of pillows, but we all love my pregnancy pillow. My dd likes to sleep in it, the dogs, the cat. I literally put a twin fitted sheet over it during the day to keep the pets off it, or at least to keep it clean.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the boppy 'bean' and it's anazing
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought a used Snoogle this pregnancy and I wish I would've had one for my others, I sleep so much more comfortably than I have before during pregnancy!