Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Breastfeeding NFP mamas...

I have relied on the LAM method for preventing pregnancy up until this week and now I'm kind of lost on where to turn and I'm looking for advice. My DS3 just turned 6mo on the 29th of July and has had a few tastes of fresh veggies & fruits, so I'm no longer comfortable with just taking our chances. I haven't gotten AF back and nurse exclusively and on demand, no suckling anywhere but the breasts...no pacis at all.

I used to temp and successfully avoided for 4 yrs, then got preg while TTC using NFP. My DS wakes usually once every hour to switch breasts from 12-8am lately so I'm not getting a long enough stretch of sleep to really feel comfortable trusting temp readings.

DH is against hormonal birth control morally, i don't really feel right about it either. Condoms always give me a rash and i don't want to hassle with getting fitted or dealing with cervical caps or diaphragms. But I'm really happy with our family dynamics and don't want to chance it.

Any ideas?? I am so stressed about accidental pregnancy that i can't even be in the mood. I told DH i was considering BC and he was pretty unhappy with that :/ but i don't know what else i can naturally do to avoid!

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
dragonfly263544
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding NFP mamas...

What about the Creighton method? It's my understanding that that one relies entirely on CM readings and no temping is involved. It also seems to be pretty popular as the method when BFing.

I work from home with tutor.com! PM me if you're interested in a great job to make some extra money!

I made $600 last month writing and editing with CloudCrowd. Pays every next business day!
dragonfly263544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly263544 View Post
What about the Creighton method? It's my understanding that that one relies entirely on CM readings and no temping is involved. It also seems to be pretty popular as the method when BFing.
I concur. It's a great choice for breastfeeding moms. Let me know if you want more info or help finding a local teacher.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would like some info on it. I haven't gotten my period yet and my baby is 14mo's. I'm not complaining!! But it does make me nervous that I could get preggo and not know. Is there an on line site that could explain this method? TIA!!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

Um... Just went to the link in your siggy. (feeling silly)
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktktbird View Post
Um... Just went to the link in your siggy. (feeling silly)
No problem

If you have more questions, let me know. The website has general info (and links to other sites with general info) but the only way to learn the method is with the help of a teacher. I would be happy to teach you long distance or help you find a local teacher.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote