Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Trainers question

My DS is potty training after 4 years in diapers. I'm so excited!! He wears underwear or goes naked a lot at home but when we went out to a friend's house and he wore underwear, he had 2 accidents. I'd like to put trainers on him during those times and at night, just in case. I want something with adjustable absorbency so it can be used for both day and night time. I'm not wanting to invest too much since it may not be needed/used all that often since he's already using regular underwear a lot of the time. Suggestions?? Thanks so much

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
katedanzer's Avatar
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 11,189
My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

Trainer coop

I promise more pics on Monday! There are some in the coop thread, I have a few more I can upload.
__________________
Eli's Wipe-E's <---Customs & Instock
katedanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Alikhlas's Avatar
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,981
I just looked at best bottoms today for my daughter as well and they seem like they'd fit your bill. Affordable, reusable, customizable (the best bottom diaper inserts snap in to these as well) and cute

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Done at 3's Avatar
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas
I just looked at best bottoms today for my daughter as well and they seem like they'd fit your bill. Affordable, reusable, customizable (the best bottom diaper inserts snap in to these as well) and cute

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am very happy with the 2 pairs of best bottom trainers we have. The snap in feel wet liners work well.
__________________
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
RockinLou's Avatar
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Posts: 5,465
Re: Trainers question

I was very happy with GroVia trainers when we were in the stage, and they sure held the resale vale!
__________________
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
My IHA: http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...psca99bf95.jpg
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas View Post
I just looked at best bottoms today for my daughter as well and they seem like they'd fit your bill. Affordable, reusable, customizable (the best bottom diaper inserts snap in to these as well) and cute

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done at 3 View Post
I am very happy with the 2 pairs of best bottom trainers we have. The snap in feel wet liners work well.
Where did you purchase?? It looks like maybe they only go up to size 4 and my DS is big for his age... any idea about sizing?
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
shortcake2386's Avatar
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 26,069
My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

i have several styles of trainers. the custom briefs are the most popular and i can easily do them with a pocket added for added absorbency.
__________________
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
i have several styles of trainers. the custom briefs are the most popular and i can easily do them with a pocket added for added absorbency.
Are they like underwear or do they have a waterproof outer? Thanks
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
TaraB's Avatar
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincy, Oh
Posts: 1,130
Re: Trainers question

I am starting Potty Learning with DS this Friday. I have a stash of used Taberoobies, Bumbledoos, Happy Heiny's and Tinkle Free FB. I bought and Flip Trainer and some new Mothergoose Designs to try. We are going to do reg undies at the house but trainers at DC, outings, and nap/bedtime. I will pm you my thoughts after this weekend when we get to try a few out. I was gifted about 8 pairs and I only bought a few. Honestly I would look at FSOT trainers section and the co op.
__________________
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,072
My Mood:
Re: Trainers question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraB View Post
I am starting Potty Learning with DS this Friday. I have a stash of used Taberoobies, Bumbledoos, Happy Heiny's and Tinkle Free FB. I bought and Flip Trainer and some new Mothergoose Designs to try. We are going to do reg undies at the house but trainers at DC, outings, and nap/bedtime. I will pm you my thoughts after this weekend when we get to try a few out. I was gifted about 8 pairs and I only bought a few. Honestly I would look at FSOT trainers section and the co op.
Awesome!! I'd love to hear your thoughts -- thanks for offering. I tried the Flips with him a while back but he wasn't quite ready for PLing and I sold them off. I might buy them back, just not sure yet.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.