Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle04

Wait, what??? I've shipped covers before & it was barely over $2! Yikes!!

Posted from my iPhone while nursing...or just procrastinating
I was gonna say that too. It should only be $1.5-$2.00 for 1 diaper

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m
I totally see it from both sides. On the one hand how you put it above, but on the other hand, if it was in store, you wouldn't be compensated for the gas to bring the item back in for warranty repair and many manufacturers (not just cloth diapers, but other items) have you mail in for warranty work and don't compensate. Shipping is shipping and isn't going to the manufacturer but rather to the carrier to bring the item back for you. I do see the other side though about needing to return the item in the first place. But again on the other hand warranties are not a requirement to do business and defects are a fact of life. (lol, just reread and saw how back and forth I am on this lol)
I don't think a store should be held accountable for return shipping on a defective product, but it's a different story if they make a mistake and send the wrong product. I do think a manufacturer should pay return shipping for defective items - I always send defective items back to the manufacturer, not the store I bought them at, and they've always covered return shipping.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I hate shipping back defective products on my own dime

I've had this happen with a few diaper manufacturer's now. I've sent the defective item to the manufacturer, not the retailer...
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

And the person with the high shipping costs looks like shes from Canada
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
That is awesome, but at the same time they lost more than any profit they would have made (plus some!) So it sucks on both sides for sure when accidents/defects happen.
They may have lost the profit from that one sale, but if they provided me with that kind of CS and in the future I needed to place a large order (which has happened way more than it should since I'm so addicted, lol) I would remember and buy from them. And I would be more likely to buy from them after hearing about other peoples' experiences, too. Word of mouth travels fast in CD land, largely thanks to threads like this- it may suck to take one loss, but it may be worth it to build a reputation of providing excellent customer service.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I don't see it any different than when I shop at B&M stores. I have to pay for gas to drive to the store to do my shopping and if I need to return something, no matter the reason, i have to pay for my gas to drive back.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
RissaMamaRex
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I have too diapers I have to send back to the same manufacturer for different defects in each... and I am not pleased that I have to pay shipping when it isn't even my fault they are busted.

Side note: Kissed by the Moon is awesome I lover her customer service!

Sassy Pants and the Diaper Queen
RissaMamaRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also like kissed by the moon. They sent me covers instead of AIOs by mistake. They quickly sent me the correct dipes, reimbursed me shipping cost, and gave me a small store credit for the hassles. Yay!

I did sell a couple of dipes on ebay and had the person file a claim for not as described. The description and photos covered what they complained about... but I didn't want to risk negative feedback. It cost me $2 to ship to them, they paid almost $6 to return! I was worried I'd have to cover that cost, but the ebay file policy meant we were each out our own shipping and the other person didn't complain.

I had excellent CS from fuzzi bunz and cotton babies in-store. I had terrible CS from blueberries and kanga care... and so-so from cotton babies online.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnye View Post
They may have lost the profit from that one sale, but if they provided me with that kind of CS and in the future I needed to place a large order (which has happened way more than it should since I'm so addicted, lol) I would remember and buy from them. And I would be more likely to buy from them after hearing about other peoples' experiences, too. Word of mouth travels fast in CD land, largely thanks to threads like this- it may suck to take one loss, but it may be worth it to build a reputation of providing excellent customer service.
This exactly! You'd better believe I'm going to buy from the store that takes care of their customers like this. There's no WAY the buyer should be responsible for what Quality Control missed. I love Kissed By The Moon.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
This exactly! You'd better believe I'm going to buy from the store that takes care of their customers like this. There's no WAY the buyer should be responsible for what Quality Control missed. I love Kissed By The Moon.

Oh I agree and I've totally done the same. I'm just saying that the cost does add up if you look at the one transaction.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote