Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else TTA but wishes they were TTC?

Tell me I'm not alone here.
DD is 18 mo and I am seriously having baby fever! I would love #2, and DH said he was mentally ready a year ago (!!!) but we are still TTA. Our housing situation is good for now, but we've discussed and just don't see how we can do another LO without sacrificing our marriage (it would be the first thing to take the emotional "hit"). We can't move right now, for multiple reasons. We are trying to be responsible, and take care of the family we have, and our marriage. Although we are in our early 30's, we know we have some time left, so it's not an immediate decision that needs to be made. My close friends had their firsts several years before we did, and I totally didn't care, but my clock is starting to tick loud and clear!
This is more of a rant than anything. There's really nothing that will change our minds, we just need to keep working toward things, but it makes me sad sometimes

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

Re: Anyone else TTA but wishes they were TTC?

I hear ye mama
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in the same boat. DD is 2 1/2, and I have baby fever like crazy. We both want another one, but DH just isn't "ready" for another one yet. It seems like everyone around me is pregnant. I've sat and cried to DH about it. I'm really hoping for an "oops!"
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes! DS is only 6 months old but honestly I've had the fever since he was just a few weeks old. As of right now we are planning to wait till he is 2 to start trying but that seems so far away. I have to just keep telling myself that I already have one baby to love and a huge part of what I'm craving is the pregnancy/birth experience.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

Me! I have a 3 month old. DH (with my consent and encouragement) has scheduled an appointment for a vasectomy consultation. We have 3 beautiful children, 2 DS and a lil newbie princess. I'm on the pill to prevent, but this month I had a big OOPS moment and realized 2 weeks into my pill pack that I've been taking it in reverse. I labelled the wrong end and started with sugar pills, then week 3 pills and then noticed. I'm hoping for an OOPS!
Both DH and I are incredibly fertile - baby #1 was conceived while on the pill but was stillborn at term. Baby #2 (DS1) we tried 2 cycles after our first DD was stillborn and got pregnant. Baby #3 (DS2) we got pregnant again on the pill. Baby #4 (DD2) was unplanned as well, she was conceived while I was using nuvaring.
As crazy as it would be with "irish twins" I'm secretly hoping for another little bean AND I have the worst pregnancies EVER! I have all-day sickness for the entire 9 months, issues with blood pressure and last pregnancy had gestational diabetes and and emergency C-section as well. It would be crazy to have 4 kiddos 5 and under, but a part of my heart is hoping!
Michelle
Old 08-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am! The funny thing is that dh is more on board and wants to do it now and I'm still not sure that we should. We have 3 boys. I want a girl. Of course I'd love another boy but my heart aches for a girl. We have a 4 bedroom house so now the boys have their own rooms and dh said no more adding on so two boys will have to share, the older two are closer in age and will both be in school but they fight so stinkin' much I can't imagine them not having their own space. Really my oldest and youngest would be best for sharing but they are 6 years apart and I don't want my oldest to have to deal with jr high and puberty sharing a room with his kindergartner brother, ya' know? And of course, the money. Kids are so darn expensive! We like to travel (road trips mostly) and eat out, the boys play sports, we have a great time with birthdays and Christmas, another kids means a little less for the 3 we have. BUT, I love being pregnant, I love finding out (I love the whole conceiving part too ) I love telling the boys, I love telling friends, I love nesting and planning, I love collecting the newby diapers, I love picking a name, I love all of it! And then the newborn baby, meeting the brothers, nursing, again with the diapers, I love all but the lack of sleep! After ds3 though I went into heart failure and nearly died. I've been assured by the OB and the cardiologist that it was fluke thing and I *shouldn't* have any issues with that again but my blood pressure has stayed high so I worry about that, I don't want to die and leave the 3 amazing kids I have behind. I also worry about something being wrong with the baby, we are spoiled by incredibly healthy average kids. No allergies, no health issues, they are smart kids that make life enjoyable, if we had a child with something as little as an allergy or asthma it would change all of our lives, ya' know. And then, after this big long post, dh is still ready to go and have another....and I am still weighing the pros and cons. But who ever has a baby and then says they wish they never did? I mean, really, I know I'd love the little guy (cause fat chance I'd ever get a girl!) but is anyone else dealing with all of this back and forth??

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to TTC, DH wants to TTA. le sigh
Old 08-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just love love love being pregnant and the whole labor experience. I'm prego with #2 and i go back and forth about having #3. I just get sad thinking this is the last time i'll be pregnant-i love feeling that little bean inside me. But i also want to make sure we don't jeoprdize ourselves financially and emotionally. we both work so adding more kids is definitely adding more stress which isn't good for any of us. we'll see after #2 is here how i feel about #3. i think i'll always long for just one more pregnancy!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

Update here, had a positive test and now actively miscarrying a few days later. Bye bye bean. DH and I have discussed and won't be trying again. Still going ahead with DH's V next month.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERUBUMS View Post
Update here, had a positive test and now actively miscarrying a few days later. Bye bye bean. DH and I have discussed and won't be trying again. Still going ahead with DH's V next month.
I'm sorry, mama