Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uhhh this is SUPER weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows View Post
Mine have gone up and down a cup size a couple of times already, don't think it means anything. I'm still nursing so it's not exactly the same, but likely hormonal fluctuations in both cases.
That is a bit reassuring. This is the first time it has EVER happened to me and it just scares me a lot.

Do hormones drop around 11 weeks?

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
That is a bit reassuring. This is the first time it has EVER happened to me and it just scares me a lot.

Do hormones drop around 11 weeks?
Hmm, well I know that hCG decreases and the placenta takes over progesterone and estrogen production around 10-12 weeks (that timeframe can vary between women). I believe that estrogen levels fluctuate throughout pregnancy, albeit with a steady upward trend. I hope more knowledgeable mamas will correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since I took that course. Estrogen is responsible for breast changes during pregnancy, of course.

Anecdotally, I noticed a supply drop around 9 weeks but I kept nursing and I'm back to being able to easily hand express at 11.5 weeks. This "proves" nothing and is not meant to have any physiological rules extracted, only saying that I've observed personal changes which I would characterize as hormonal.

Have other mamas been educated on sex hormones more recently? Please share!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I woke up with low back pain that comes in waves and the pain increases a bit each time. Needless to say after a Urology appt for me and a Speech for DS I will be going in to the ER to be looked at.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thinking of you. I hope all is okay.
JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds1 that happened to me. I think it was around 10 or 12 weeks where my symptoms just vanished and I actually felt really great. I didn't feel pregnant at all, but he was born at 41 weeks so I clearly was.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
momomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope all is well!! With this pregnancy, for a while only ONE of my breasts got sore and bigger, it was lovely. I was totally lopsided. The other one finally caught up. My husband is thrilled with the return of giant boobs....my breast shrunk quite a bit after I weaned my second son. I was bummed that they were so much smaller than pre-kids and floppy, pancake boobs. I'm rather enjoying having my old boobs back, if only they weren't so sore.

Keep us updated on what happens when you go it. Keeping everything crossed that all is well and this is just some funky hormonal shift!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hope all is well, Dagny! Keep us updated.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't go in because I would feel stupid for going into the ER with barely any pain (it comes and goes) and there is no one to watch DD. I put a call into my OB to see what he says.

I am so confused!

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 07-30-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05
I felt stupid for going into the ER with barely any pain (it comes and goes) and there is no one to watch DD. I put a call into my OB to see what he says.

I am so confuse!
Did they examine you or give you an ultrasound?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
Did they examine you or give you an ultrasound?
I edited my comment and it sounded like I went in. I didn't because of barely any pain (comes and goes) and no one to watch DD. I really don't want her there in case there is something wrong. It will devastate her.