Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

QOTW: I am an Olympic junkie too. My favorite part is when the underdog wins the gold. My other favorite is watching my kids re-enact the sports that they are watching.

So I decided today that my test strips were obviously duds and printed off a first response coupon and bought a pack while I was running errands. Too bad it was a BFN too.

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ July 30-Aug 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
QOTW: I am an Olympic junkie too. My favorite part is when the underdog wins the gold. My other favorite is watching my kids re-enact the sports that they are watching.

So I decided today that my test strips were obviously duds and printed off a first response coupon and bought a pack while I was running errands. Too bad it was a BFN too.
So sorry mama....
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi everyone- I am CD 4 and we are trying decide when to do my FET. My RE wants August 31st- so I have some more waiting to do...

Carrie- I hope this IUI does the trick! What meds will you be on? I can appreciate not wanting to be poked anymore! I'm actually nervous thinking about meds for the FET- though I won't be doing any injections (phew!)

Welcome Purly!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38

Good! DP said she felt tons better after going on the Metformin! & it definitely helped control her PCOS.
I don't have PCOS so Idk if it'll help me but the doc said it couldn't hurt to try.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got a BFP yesterday!!! I think my due date is April 5th. (sorry, I can't figure out how to type this in red on my iPod).

QOTW: I love watching gymnastics.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11
I got a BFP yesterday!!! I think my due date is April 5th. (sorry, I can't figure out how to type this in red on my iPod).

Congratulations!!! Pics?!?!?! How dare you not post pics!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #27
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Hi everyone- I am CD 4 and we are trying decide when to do my FET. My RE wants August 31st- so I have some more waiting to do...

Carrie- I hope this IUI does the trick! What meds will you be on? I can appreciate not wanting to be poked anymore! I'm actually nervous thinking about meds for the FET- though I won't be doing any injections (phew!)

Welcome Purly!
for your FET...we've started to have the IVF conversation, but I don't know whether that will be an option or not, & hopefully we won't need it.

Meds...They'll have me on oral dexamethasone, plus Lupron, Gonal F, a trigger shot, & crinone for after IUI. The Crinone is the worst, but the others aren't great, either. I don't mind that they're injections, that doesn't bother me too much, but I really don't like going to the RE's office for 5-6 blood draws per month, in addition to the u/s & just physically feeling cruddy. Plus, and I had never thought about this prior, but I may have something going on w/ my uterus--one of the nurses suggested maybe adenomyosis (endometrial tissue IN the musculature of the uterus). Based on the observable symptoms, it certainly is a possibility. It wouldn't affect my fertility, but it does make the whole process a bit more difficult & uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post

Congrats!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 AM   #28
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Congrats Rina Yay for BFPs!

Welcome to the new ladies - this is such a wonderful group!

Carrie - I totally get the frustration. If I had to deal with the monitoring, etc from the very beginning, I'd be frustrated after 1 cycle. Blech. That's part of the reason I've put off calling the dr for so long.. .I just hate dealing with the drugs, monitoring, etc. Anyway, I hope you get your BFP this cycle!

Rebecca - best of luck with the FET! So exciting! I cannot wait to see a BFP from you, mama!!

AFM - 7 DPO. I am scared to test this month. I'm just so tired of seeing BFN that I know my day will be ruined when I get it and I really don't want my day ruined, KWIM?

I did call the dr to make an appt yesterday, but they didn't have any good times... I was hoping for early morning or late afternoon so I could make up the missed time at work, since I don't get paid days off till Sept, but no such luck. Apparently their drs only work 9:30-2:30. I could try to take a long lunch one day, or I can just wait till I have paid vacation in Sept and take a day off. And this is the only office I can go to with our current insurance without having a 40% coinsurance. I think in Jan if I am not pregnant I am switching to the insurance through my job. My insurance is much better with infertility stuff and has more dr choices.

Anyway, have a great day all!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #29
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Let's hope it doesn't come to that Sarah!

Congrats for the BFP and to all waiting.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #30
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post

Congrats!

Well I got the best b-day gift ever today (and yes it really is my B-day lol) I got my first SUPER positive OPK in months today! We DTD last night (and I'll make him when he gets home from work as well too )

Please let this be it! I'm SO excited!

Last edited by 812ajack; 07-31-2012 at 07:14 AM.
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote