Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Meal Planning Help!!

i am TRYING to cut down on the cost of meals and going out for pizza once a week/sandwhiches etc so i need meal ideas for 2wks.

Dh is home to eat Sun-Thurs nights. so these i would like to make REAL sit down meals when possible bc of baseball games/practice.

Tues must be a crock pot night bc dh is off at 6pm and we arent home till 7pm or later bc of practice.

Wed can be leftovers or crock pot again.

i can cook 1 thing in the crock pot and thats chili buts going to get old quick around here.

Friday and Saturday its just me and the kids so nothing fancy

any and ALL help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Amanda2319
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Meal Planning Help!!

Crockpot shredded beef:

2.5-3lbs boneless chuck roast
1 1/2 cups ketchup
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/4 packed brown sugar
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t garlic powder

Place roast in pot. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and pour over roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove roast, shred with fork, place back in pot to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or on rolls.

You mentioned leftovers, I get enough from this for leftover.

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I plan weekly meals for us. DH works nights here so it isn't always easy to work around his schedule but its managable.
I have a recipe book that I look through and write down the meals I want for the week. Then I write down the ingredients that I don't have in the cupboard and start a store list.
Our meals were begining to get a little boring b/c it seemed like we were always having the same things. I found this site, www.allrecipes.com and I LOVE it! The meals are so yummy and not too complicated. Did I mention I'm a simple gal?
You can search the site for the particular meats or whatever that you are wanting. It has been wonderful for me and getting meals together!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

what i did was made a list of all the items in my deep freeze and freezer and had an idea of what was in my cupboards and i have a recipe book full of recipes on http://allrecipes.com and looked for recipes that had things i already had so i wasn't buying multiples of things...this will help you save! the website has some great ideas also!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMindi View Post
I plan weekly meals for us. DH works nights here so it isn't always easy to work around his schedule but its managable.
I have a recipe book that I look through and write down the meals I want for the week. Then I write down the ingredients that I don't have in the cupboard and start a store list.
Our meals were begining to get a little boring b/c it seemed like we were always having the same things. I found this site, www.allrecipes.com and I LOVE it! The meals are so yummy and not too complicated. Did I mention I'm a simple gal?
You can search the site for the particular meats or whatever that you are wanting. It has been wonderful for me and getting meals together!
looks like we think alike! lol
Old 05-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

looks like it
Old 05-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
mama23boys
Banned
seller

amanda tks for the crockpot recipie

mindi and jackie tks for the site! i am going to check it out bc i do want simple but feels liek we are eating the SAME thing all the time!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #8
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like to cook a whole chicken (go to Krogers when they are .79 lb ) and then pick all the meat off. I divide this up in containers. I buy one that's a pretty good size. We will use the use the "juice" and some chicken for chicken and noodles. (Just strain it, let it sit over night in the fridge, and then skim off the white fat. This can be frozen too) Use some and add BBQ sauce and make yummy BBQ sandwiches. I use it for toppings for pizza (with BBQ sauce for DH), making chicken salad, whatever.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
I like to cook a whole chicken (go to Krogers when they are .79 lb ) and then pick all the meat off. I divide this up in containers. I buy one that's a pretty good size. We will use the use the "juice" and some chicken for chicken and noodles. (Just strain it, let it sit over night in the fridge, and then skim off the white fat. This can be frozen too) Use some and add BBQ sauce and make yummy BBQ sandwiches. I use it for toppings for pizza (with BBQ sauce for DH), making chicken salad, whatever.
ohh good one!

how do i cook a whole chicken
Old 05-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys View Post
ohh good one!

how do i cook a whole chicken
That does sound good! i'm gonna try this! there should be instructions for roasting a chicken on the packaging it's easy!