Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #21
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat July 30th

Full moon... maybe the night of our little one's arrival! This Boy needs to get out!

Advertisement

strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:20 AM   #22
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone! We're doing great. She's already a good little nurser. I just got a bit of sleep and am feeling pretty good. Can't wait to take a shower in a few hours! haha

Hang in there, ladies. You're all so close. And only one more day until August!

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #23
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on ur baby girl! And nice job meeting your goal for labor!. I hope I can follow u and acheive the labor/delivery I want.

Last edited by chach4; 08-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #24
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Our baby girl arrived this evening! I'll post a photo later... the pit worked and I met my goal of going with no pain meds.

She's beautiful and healthy. Her name is Greta, she is 8 lbs 1.3 oz, 20.5."
yeah!!! Congrats mama!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #25
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #26
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats, Wordbox!!!

Making waffles for breakfast, making extras and freezing them. May as well have some easy breakfasts ready to go.

Woke up at 3am and had steady ctx every 5 minutes for TWO HOURS. Only to have them fizzle. grooaaaaann. Now I'm tired. Oh well. Ordering my birth kit this AM, and moving on with my day.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #27
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mmmmmmm....waffles!(cue homer Simpson druel)
The contraction stuff is just plain annoying. I went to bed at a decent time last night only to wake up with stupid massive contraction.Didn't go back to sleep till after hubby went to work.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #28
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats on baby Greta!

Yes, the end gets old . . . pain, contractions, a million things to do . . . I haven't been woken up by contractions much yet, but last night my round ligament on my left side went crazy with pain for about an hour and kept me up. All positions in bed hurt . . . it finally eased when I got up to pee. Sitting on the toilet seemed to help. It reminded me a little too much of labor, though. Since I am only 36 weeks, I don't want that to start for at least another two weeks (when my mom arrives).

Had an annooying evening last night. My dh and I went to the hosp for the maternity tour. Arrived there to find out they are not doing them anymore and haven't been since Jan. Of course, the information from the hospital I got from my ob in Feb said NOTHING about it. They do an open house twice a month instead and the next two are full. I realize we could have found out sooner, had we tried to do the tour sooner, but I deliverd ds2 at this same hospital and figured we just needed a quick refresher before #3 comes . . . I went online to try to find the info we need (checking in, visitor policy, private room options) and found it, I think. The troubling part is that it is exactly the same as what we got two years ago and I KNOW some of it has changed. ANNOYING! Hopefully, the person I contacted will be more helpful than the website.

Good luck to all you ladies having babies this week!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
1healthylady
Registered Users

Looks like a couple more babies have arrived. Congrats to wordbox and marliah!! And maybe Mo if not posting is any indication...

Today is Tuesday. 36 weeks. One week til we can have our home birth. Two weeks to Teaching Symposium (an event for 300 faculty and staff that i coordinate with my boss). Three weeks to start of semester, all the pre-semester events are over, and baby is officially allowed to arrive. Four weeks til the due date. There's my countdown.

I had the GBS test yesterday but my results aren't posted to my online chart yet. hopefully tomorrow. i really hope it's negative! I don't want an iv. But as pleasant as this pregnancy has been I feel like something's gotta go against my way here soon.

I've found that last month uncomfortable unable to sleep mode. Last night I was up every two hours. Tonight I laid there forever unable to fall asleep, so here I am. DH commented tonight while taking my weekly belly shot that I'm huge. lol. And I'm only going to get bigger over the next 3-4-5 weeks. While I am uncomfortable in bed, I can't imagine how miserable I might be if it weren't for all he does for me. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of dogs, and generally just spoiling me rotten. He's going to be an amazing dad. Can't wait to see it! In at least 3 more weeks.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #30
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's AUGUST!!!!