Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #31
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Greta is one if the most beautiful names! Congrats, mama!!!

....and yes, good morningAugust!

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #32
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat July 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Our baby girl arrived this evening! I'll post a photo later... the pit worked and I met my goal of going with no pain meds.

She's beautiful and healthy. Her name is Greta, she is 8 lbs 1.3 oz, 20.5."
Congrats!!
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Was up alllllll night with both kids being sick. And now thar DS2 is napping i cant seem to. Boo

Sent from my DROID X2 using DS Forum. That means my typing is probably awful. I'm sorry.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #34
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I'm right there with u all in the "i can't get comfortable enough to sleep" mode. And waking up every hr to pee.

Had ultrasound yest to check position. Head down. Yay!. I realize that can change, but was happy to hear it. And baby has hair!. Cool.
Am 36 weeks today.
Feet getting swollen. Was suprised when I couldn't wear a pair of sandals yesterday. Back hurts. Round ligaments and spd issue getting worse. Such is pregnancy though, huh? Am thankful I'm able to carry a baby to term. Aches and pains and all.

While I'm mentally motivated to do stuff on my list, my body tells me to take it easy. Have been working on freezer stuff and organizing/prepping all day. Taking a break now. Dh is cooking. LOVE THAT.

Can't believe its august already. WERE HAVING BABIES THIS MONTH!!!! (Well most of us will probably).
Remember when we were just gtting positive pregnancy tests? Amazing.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #35
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finally got an hour nap in, life can return to normal now. And by normal I mean "omg I did two loads of laundry and now Im dying".
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #36
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks we are enjoying our sweet girl who barely was a July baby! She came on the 31st.

Still no word from Mo? I keep checking in to see how she is doing.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #37
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Thanks we are enjoying our sweet girl who barely was a July baby! She came on the 31st.

Still no word from Mo? I keep checking in to see how she is doing.
Congrats mama! So you didn't end up in August.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #38
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats marliah!

I am typing one-handed because this little girl does NOT want me to put her down, haha. I've hardly slept all week! Totally worth it.

So, we were originally scheduled to go home yesterday morning, but Greta's stuffiness had taken a concerning turn in the middle of the night. Her nose was swollen and blocked up, oxygen levels dropped a bit, etc. Long story short: she ended up in the NICU for about 12 hours, and we narrowly avoided a week long stay (they talked about putting her on antibiotics just to be safe).

She is doing much better, I got to spend lots of time with her yesterday in the afternoon, and they let her room with me again after dinner. She's still being seen by the NICU staff (rather than the regular L&D ones) but since she's doing so well they have been leaving us alone for the most part.

I was an emotional WRECK yesterday, though. This bonding time is important to me, I was really set on going home, I was so worried things would turn worse, etc... combined with being tired, coming down off those pregnancy hormones, and being a very emotional person (well, when it comes to my kids) as it is. I couldn't stop crying, and the waiting game was killing me. It was awful seeing her hooked up to all the monitors, under that humidity mask thing, not being able to hold her, having to pump when I just wanted to nurse her in our room. Then I'd feel selfish and guilty, because I know Greta was so healthy compared to those other NICU babies, and I was going through nothing compared to what some parents go through. The NICU is such a humbling place, and really puts life in perspective. I am so thankful for these two healthy children.

Now we're just hanging out, waiting to hear when we can go home. I miss my son, I've only seen him twice this week and it was just on Tuesday. I'm ready to settle in as a family of four. I'm feeling good and I think I'm healing faster this time around.

I can't believe August is here. I feel like I was just getting that positive test, waiting for the August 2011 group to switch over to our hands.

I hope you're all doing well. It's so weird to not be pregnant anymore. It's bittersweet, even though I (like most of you) was feeling pretty miserable and just ready to be done. Pregnancy is still pretty cool. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach, though!

Oh, and I am relieved to say the love I felt for this baby has been instant and incredible. I was really worried, and I know some of you have felt that way as well. I didn't feel a connection to this pregnancy like I did with my first, and couldn't comprehend loving another child so strongly. Thankfully it just happens. My son seems so much older now, though! I'm excited to see him grow into his new role as big brother, but gosh if it doesn't make me a bit sad and sentimental. It all goes too fast.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #39
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish Mo would post! I really hope she's okay, and just busy enjoying a new baby right now.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #40
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
Congrats marliah!

I am typing one-handed because this little girl does NOT want me to put her down, haha. I've hardly slept all week! Totally worth it.

So, we were originally scheduled to go home yesterday morning, but Greta's stuffiness had taken a concerning turn in the middle of the night. Her nose was swollen and blocked up, oxygen levels dropped a bit, etc. Long story short: she ended up in the NICU for about 12 hours, and we narrowly avoided a week long stay (they talked about putting her on antibiotics just to be safe).

She is doing much better, I got to spend lots of time with her yesterday in the afternoon, and they let her room with me again after dinner. She's still being seen by the NICU staff (rather than the regular L&D ones) but since she's doing so well they have been leaving us alone for the most part.

I was an emotional WRECK yesterday, though. This bonding time is important to me, I was really set on going home, I was so worried things would turn worse, etc... combined with being tired, coming down off those pregnancy hormones, and being a very emotional person (well, when it comes to my kids) as it is. I couldn't stop crying, and the waiting game was killing me. It was awful seeing her hooked up to all the monitors, under that humidity mask thing, not being able to hold her, having to pump when I just wanted to nurse her in our room. Then I'd feel selfish and guilty, because I know Greta was so healthy compared to those other NICU babies, and I was going through nothing compared to what some parents go through. The NICU is such a humbling place, and really puts life in perspective. I am so thankful for these two healthy children.

Now we're just hanging out, waiting to hear when we can go home. I miss my son, I've only seen him twice this week and it was just on Tuesday. I'm ready to settle in as a family of four. I'm feeling good and I think I'm healing faster this time around.

I can't believe August is here. I feel like I was just getting that positive test, waiting for the August 2011 group to switch over to our hands.

I hope you're all doing well. It's so weird to not be pregnant anymore. It's bittersweet, even though I (like most of you) was feeling pretty miserable and just ready to be done. Pregnancy is still pretty cool. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach, though!

Oh, and I am relieved to say the love I felt for this baby has been instant and incredible. I was really worried, and I know some of you have felt that way as well. I didn't feel a connection to this pregnancy like I did with my first, and couldn't comprehend loving another child so strongly. Thankfully it just happens. My son seems so much older now, though! I'm excited to see him grow into his new role as big brother, but gosh if it doesn't make me a bit sad and sentimental. It all goes too fast.
DDC, congrats! She is gorgeous! Love her name!