Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: S/O Eye prediction

70% green
30% blue

I would bet the odds are actually higher for blue because green doesn't occur on the same allele as brown and blue, so it's harder to determine when someone has green eyes. I must carry a blue gene because both of our children have blue eyes. I am still putting my bet on blue for this one too.

Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: S/O Eye prediction

I wish it were more specific on eye colors, I have amber eyes and my husband are green/brown, mostly green. My parents both had very dark, plain brown eyes and together they produced two gray eyed children and one amber eyed child. My older sisters (my mom and their bio dad who had blue eyes) have hazel eyes and brown eyes. My oldest son's eyes are blue, brown and green, blue on the outside (blue is the main color) and then green and brown closest to the pupil. I don't even know what to call that. My other son's eyes are green and brown. Based on this website we have like a 6% chance of blue eyed kids, like 11% for green and so mostly a chance of a brown eyed baby! lol. We'll see!
Stay at home , BFing, baby-wearing, cloth diapering mommy to my 10/2007 son and my August 23rd, 2009 little man and our March 8, 2013 sweet girl My blog...
momomommy is offline   Reply With Quote