Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me finish building my stash.. Opinions?!

Okay, I'm torn and need your ladies expert opinions.. I'm building our stash for my babe. Were tight-ish on funds (not gotta buy Alvas tight, but can't afford to finish our stash with $17 diapers either) I bought (and love so far) 9 small Bottombumpers. Is it stupid to order 10 more?! And have all the same thing? I love how trim they are and they fit well. What do I do?! What else would YOU buy, AIO/pocket sized, that's affordable-ish?! Thanks ladies!

Advertisement

Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Mama-to-Elle+One
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me finish building my stash.. Opinions?!

I should add that having a trim diaper is REALLY important to me, which is why I'm looking for sized options, my lil guy is 5 weeks and 10lbs so OS options will still be really bulky on his lil bum..
Mama-to-Elle+One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Have you considered softbums? They are a one size so you will get more use from them, but the echo is super trim. Even on a 5.5 lb baby! But anyways, my favorite trim combo right now is a softbums echo, paired with alva bamboo. So if you got 4 changes a cover( i usually do!) You would be looking at about 7.5 a change. but even better, you can use them to 35 lbs. I actually find the softbums echo more trim than my size medium cloth revolution pattern diapers, and at least as trim as their size small.

Here are some pix of my little guy As a newborn in softbums echos, the brown diaper, he is 5.5 lbs with a bamboo mini pod, the blue he is about 7, with 2 bamboo mini pods. An alva bamboo is more absorbant than 2 bamboo mini pods, but much trimmer. We can still use 1 during the day time.

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 08-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

If they are working for you then go ahead and get more. I see no issue with a full stash of what you know works. For me personally there is nothing more effective and trim on a LO than a small flat and Nikky cover and it is super cost effective. That combo is sposie trim almost and we never, ever had leaks with it.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with pp, if your current diapers are working well I would just get more of them. No sense messing with a good thing.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote