Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
baby caught a cold :(

this forum has been so quiet sorry to put a "negative" post out there...but I just need to talk to someone who understands!

having a really rough week over here, my baby has been hard to get to sleep at night and I've been having to do bedtime by myself lately and getting a screaming toddler and screaming 3 month old to bed at the same time is just hard!

also my toddler caught a cold and has been MISERABLE with fever, congestion, coughing, crabbiness. so we had a sleepless night and just rough days...

now i come to bed and to nurse my 3 month old and HER nose is all stuffy. I just feel like the worst mom in the world right now, that my new baby caught a cold. I feel like its my fault that I wasn't more careful in washing my hands after every contact with my toddler. My older daughter's first cold was at 1 year old and I was so proud that my breastmilk kept her healthy for a full year. Now I just feel so bad about my little one all stuffed up. really praying that nursing her will clear this cold up FAST. I just feel so bad for her! I don't even know what to do for her...never had a tiny one with a cold before.

I know in perspective its not that bad (I keep telling myself - its just a cold. this too shall pass) I just needed to vent for a minute. thanks everyone.

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: baby caught a cold :(

DDC

I have a sick 3 month old too But, my 3 year old is MUCH worse. Actually, this is the second time Violet has brought home a cold and given it to her sister. There is only so much I can do as a mom to keep her away from her sister. She started preschool this year, and I'm sure she's going to be sick all winter. I almost delayed her starting school, because I don't want the baby sick, but I decided that was not best for her. The baby will be fine

I'm certain that nursing has made these stuffy noses so mild, so I'm not worried about it. The baby has a slight hacky cough, and a little runny nose. I use the nosefrida, and it's amazing. She's nursing and sleeping great and doesn't seem bothered at all. I hope she gets well soon!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for your reply it's so great to know I'm not alone in this. Nose frida? Hmmm will look into that. I wish my 2 yr old would learn to blow her nose she is really miserable!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
katydid6952
Registered Users
seller

me, my boys and baby have all had stuffy noses the last few weeks. I think it's allergies. I put a humidifier in Olivia's room and it seems to help her snotty nose. Anyway, you do the best you can to keep them from getting colds but that's why you're nursing to up immune systems. Toddlers are germ factories....there's no getting around it. Can't put your kids in a bubble. haha
Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BLAME THE VIRUS, not yourself! I'm sure you're awesome Mamas!! All get well soon!
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The nosefrida is amazing!! My 3 year old blows her nose well, and won't let me use it on her, but it is so much better than the bulb syringe for the baby. I hope they get well soon!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

We also have a nose frida. My lil guy woke up last night all plugged up and choking - not getting ANY air. He didnt breathe for close to 45 full seconds until I was able to find the nose frida and suction his mouth and nose out. It literally saved his life!

So... They're amazing! I hope your lo has started to feel better by now!
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh Katrina! that is terrifying! thank goodness you had the nose frida right there!!!

my baby is feeling a bit better she still is a little congested but she's sleeping ok so I'm counting my blessings and I think breastfeeding her really helped...the difference between the severity of my breastfed baby's cold and my weaned toddler's cold was DRAMATIC.

thanks for all the support everyone!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Never heard of the nose frida but will have to look into that! It's hard once a sibling is sick for the other(s) not to get sick too. Nothing you can do mama. You can try your hardest but it can still happen. Hope everyone is better soon.