Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
placenta results & headache

Totally counting my blessings tonite. The MW who delivered me called and gave me the results from testing my placenta and it was def infected. Who knows how long it had been like that too. Can't say I'm surprised b/c my amniotic fluid had such a foul odor to it when they broke my water. So, so thankful Evanee was born safely and healthy!! She did have a high WBC count but it went down to normal the day after she was born. Her guardian angel was def looking out for her!

On a totally diff note, I've had a headache for the past 3 days so I called and talked to one of the MWs and then decided to make an appt w/ my fam dr since I wouldn't have to travel so far. He prescribed me some Tylenol 3 and if my headache isn't better by Mon I'm supp to come back into the office and we might do some testing then. I was hoping that it would just go away but it hasn't. Lots of pressure in my forehead and behind my eyes. I did take a Tylenol 3 and it has helped a little but not completely (just like the Motrin 800). Next dose I may take 2 and see if that helps more. I never get headaches or migraines so this is very unusual. So come Mon if it isn't gone I'll be getting some testing done.

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
tryinforthree
Registered Users

Maybe try a can of coke with it. That's the only thing that helps my migraines. Also you can stagger the Motrin and Tylenol 3. Take one and 3 hours later take the other. Then 3 hours the first again. And repeat as needed. My hubby had a headache from allergies starting to flare could it maybe be that as well?
Wife to an overworked spoiled hubby who is a major brat! DS who is 9 loves to blame the little one DD who is 3 and my drama baby There is always an adventure to be had with them We are currently expecting number 3
tryinforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have had a headache behind my eyes for over a week. Mine is accompanied by pain in my upper teeth and sinus congestion. My nose is not stuffed up, but I have lots of mucus. So, yesterday I finally bought some Robitussin, and it has helped to break up some of the stuff that I believe is causing the headache. With the Robitussin, I can take 200-400 mg of Motrin, and be rid of the headache. Without the Robitussin, 800 was just making it tolerable.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: placenta results & headache

DDC. That sounds like a sinus headache to me. I got them all the time during my first pregnancy and Tylenol never touched it. When I mentioned it to my dr she told me to take Claritin D. It worked great! I keep some at the house all the time now since I get them every so often.

I hope you get it figured out and start feeling better and congratulations on the healthy baby!!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Try mucinex
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Djuna2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Try a sinus rinse and chewing some gum. I had a sinus infection a few weeks before giving birth, and it sounded similar; those things really helped (along with Tylenol).
Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Holly,

Been thinking about you, how are you feeling?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon
Holly,
Been thinking about you, how are you feeling?
I have had the headache for over a wk now and it has progressed. I have full body muscle aches, lightheadedness, nausea, and vomiting. I am feeling better now with everything except the muscle aches. I have to keep taking T3 to be able to even function. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to move at all. Mon I went back to my dr and they tested my urine and they said I had a bladder inf and He prescribed me some antis (safe for BFing of course).

On Tues I woke up and couldn't pee at all and went to the ER per my dr. I have been in the hospital ever since. I've had 2 rounds of IV antis and they took out my foley once but they put it back in after I couldn't go. Had a CT this morn but don't know results yet. Will see my dr and a urologist prolly in about 2 hrs. Hoping to figure out what is going on.

My parents took my older girls and Evanee is with me.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas

I have had the headache for over a wk now and it has progressed. I have full body muscle aches, lightheadedness, nausea, and vomiting. I am feeling better now with everything except the muscle aches. I have to keep taking T3 to be able to even function. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to move at all. Mon I went back to my dr and they tested my urine and they said I had a bladder inf and He prescribed me some antis (safe for BFing of course).

On Tues I woke up and couldn't pee at all and went to the ER per my dr. I have been in the hospital ever since. I've had 2 rounds of IV antis and they took out my foley once but they put it back in after I couldn't go. Had a CT this morn but don't know results yet. Will see my dr and a urologist prolly in about 2 hrs. Hoping to figure out what is going on.

My parents took my older girls and Evanee is with me.
I'll keep you in my prayers!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry you are so sick momma! have you heard of dmannose? It's helped me whenever I have a uti and can be taken with antibiotics.