Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ticked at the middle school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our5boys View Post
I really think they should have let you know sooner.

We just got letters today (yes since we have two students in middle school they insist on sending two of the same letter in the same envelope nonthe less...I hate extra papers and even signed up for email updates from the school instead ) that this is the new dress code. Has been the same for two years but they are trying to make it have a slogan and everything and the new principal is going to enforce the dress code finally.

My son was mortified when he read the banner in the office saying " No Crack-- Front or Back....policy will be enforced." I guess they had a problem with saggy pants, whale tails and clevage?
HAHA!!! I wish the high schools that I have worked at had this slogan. I swear I saw more boobies there than I thought possible!! Every time you turned around you just about saw the nipple of some 15 year old girl!

Advertisement

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1
It sucks that they did not give you notice. I personally LOVE uniforms. I bought my ds 5 polo shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, and he will get 5 pairs of pants when it gets cooler, and one pair of shoes. Not only is it cost effective, but you never have to worry about what they are going to wear or anyone making fun of their choices.
I remember wearing uniforms in middle school and people still were made fun of. Then again, preteen/teen girls will always find ways to be brutal. Lol.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How can you make fun of a shirt of it is the same exact one you are wearing?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is it just a dress code, or do they have to wear uniforms? Every school I've ever gone to has had a dress code, so that's nothing new... but it would suck to buy all new school clothes, only to find out your kids need a uniform. They should have sent a letter or something if they're required to wear uniforms.

DS1's school is private, and they have a strict dress code that requires very specific uniforms... all parents know about it upon registering their child, but we also receive a handbook at registration that goes into detail about the uniform rules.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
Because you might not rock it as well as I do
But I do know kids are brutal. Heck, even the BRAND of uniform makes a difference around here ... now you can buy unis from Justice, which is the "waaaay cool" place to get them. If you don't, you're out.

Personally, I'd love to see the dress code extend into middle school. Like wow to the cracks in front and back, and why does a 12 y/o need to wear shirts with questionable slogans anyhow, I ask? Crazy.

To the OP, they totally should have let you know sooner, but if you can return some stuff or swing the cost, you could look at it as a blessing in disguise?
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i totally wish my kids school had uniforms and/or a dress code. My HS had a kind of strict dress code, down to no ear rings and collar length hair or shorter for boys. I liked it.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Well, I do recall the kid wearing the shirt from Gap making fun of the kid wearing the shirt from Wal-Mart, like I said, brutal.

That's how.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife
Because you might not rock it as well as I do
But I do know kids are brutal. Heck, even the BRAND of uniform makes a difference around here ... now you can buy unis from Justice, which is the "waaaay cool" place to get them. If you don't, you're out.
That's how it was when I was in middle school. My parents bought my uniforms from nicer stores but for those who didn't they were often made fun of. Students found ways to make uniforms cute and more stylish, you could definitely see the difference.

Austen 06/12

Last edited by Only; 07-30-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry for that! It must suck-I hate shopping generally. My son actually ha uniforms at school and I think I like that better. I'd like it even more if I had a girl in achool. I just remember what I used to wear-even with a dress code-and it makes me shudder.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh middle school...it's been adjustment for all of us. N is going into 8th grade, so I'm sort of use to it. It is soooooooo different than elementary school; the freedom they are given.

They should have sent out letters regarding the dress code.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love uniforms. The one ps around here with one is khaki or navy bottoms and white or navy top. Easy to follow.

I agree they should have you let you know sooner.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote