Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
Oh and as for us, my husband and I were able to go out to supper tonight thanks to my MIL who offered to come watch the children was such a nice surprise! We haven't been out together in about a year. We went to a Mexican place and I had some spicy foods praying it will kick start labor! I feel like I have been living in a contraction the last 36 hours and I am so wanting this baby to come! Praying tonight will bring real labor! If not I have my 41 week appointment tomorrow.
"Living in a contraction" is exactly how I felt the evening before I went into labor! Praying this is it for you.

I'm glad you got to have an enjoyable evening!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 30 - Aug 5 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Agh, I guess my hormones are still wacky. A guy DH works with and his wife, whom I never met, came over to see the baby and deliver dinner. She didn't even tell me her name but was begging to hold the baby right away. I said he was hungry, but she said it was okay. She finally gave him back when he was chomping on her arm and crying. Thankfully they didn't stay long, but when she was leaving, she said, "If you need anything, let me know! I would LOVE to come by and hold the baby for a few hours!" Um, why would I want anyone to do that?? Do the dishes or something; don't take my baby! She was a nice lady and well meaning and she was very kind to make us dinner, but I did not enjoy their visit. I am super sensitive right now. I cried for an hour after she left.
That would have really upset me! I learned my lesson with pass the baby with my last ds who ended up getting sick and hospitalized. I have been so careful with Charlotte. My mom or sister haven't even held her yet. Although my SIL took her and then let her daughter hold her. I almost had a panic attack trying to figure out how to politely get my baby back. I was trying to get DH to have them come at a later date but then I felt guilty. Turns out it will be my kids to make her sick. I think my 2 yr old has Pertussis and I can't get him to stop kissing the baby. I'm so torn if I should bring him in to get swabbed because if it's + the Department of Health gets involved and requires the entire household to be treated. I would really like to treat this naturally, I just sent Dh to get some homeopathic stuff that I read works really well. I don't want my entire family to be forced to be on abx and then have gut problems. But I don't want them to be terribly sick either. AHHHHH! And then i don't know what to do about the baby. My ped said he has put 2 newborns with it in the hospital for 4-6 weeks recently. But my sister who works for Children's hospital as a phone triage said they are ALWAYS getting calls about it and its just the media who is scaring everyone right now.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I am doubting tonight will be the night dh is not feeling well and he and I ended up having an argument and immediately I felt everything shut down. I am really bummed. Maybe it will start up again but I think I just stressed out to the point of keeping anything from happening so upset and that's only adding to the stress. I'd appreciate prayers.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Well I am doubting tonight will be the night dh is not feeling well and he and I ended up having an argument and immediately I felt everything shut down. I am really bummed. Maybe it will start up again but I think I just stressed out to the point of keeping anything from happening so upset and that's only adding to the stress. I'd appreciate prayers.
Its so stressful at the end when all you can think about is baby not being there, then the change when baby is there!!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I haven't had a baby with fat rolls before! What do you all do to keep the skin in the rolls from getting too red?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else miss being pregnant? I just love being pregnant and feel a little sad that I am not anymore. But I am loving not having constant sciatica and swollen feet and aches in every joint and the feeling of being a beached whale every time I move and being constantly out of breath and not being able to trim my own toenails. I feel so light and skinny and amazing now (at 16 pounds to go to pre-preg wait, I am not skinny but I feel like it after losing 14 pounds in a few seconds! Lol). I love that too! But I do miss being pregnant.

I am really enjoying the newborn days this time. Last time I felt so traumatized (from the birth), and DD was really high maintenance, and I had NO idea how to take care of a newborn...I felt so overwhelmed all the time. It took me a year to finally process DD's birth and to feel ready to be pregnant again. But this time it is so different. I LOVED the birth. I feel so much more bonded with my baby. My body does not feel violated--instead, empowered. I know how to care for a newborn. I feel capable. I am enjoying these newborn snuggles so much. I really had to grow up when I became a first time mom, but now I feel the role fits perfectly. It has been a long journey, and it has been a painful, maturing one. But it has been good. God has been good.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well we are adjusting well. The adrenaline rush from birth has worn off now and I am feeling tired and sore but I do feel better than being 40+ weeks pregnant! Lol. I think my milk is starting to come in and I am praying for some good sleep tonight. Last night I was still on a high from the whole birth and just tossed and turned all night while he girls both slept peacefully. Hopefully tonight will be as good a rest for them and I can get some sleep too. Also the after pains are easing up a bit today which is nice. I think the after pains for me are almost as bad as the labor. I'm so glad to have this little girl here with us! We are all very in love we named her Megan.

I would like to ask for prayer in one area, I have a tendency to struggle with fear for a bit after birthing because I had ppd with our second child. I haven't had it with any of the others but there is fear of it having had it that once. I keep clinging to Scriptures but figured I could ask you other mommas to keep me in prayer for that too.

How are you all doing?

Last edited by marliah; 08-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Give me a few days and I will miss being pregnant I always do. But hopefully in another year or so when cycles resume the LORD will bless us again.

Right now I am just really enjoying having the baby in my arms. I am so enjoying her

Our girlie has fat rolls too! None of our others had fat rolls at birth. She's a little round baby, I had to put her in small diapers from the start none of the newborn stuff fit at all, even the orange edge Pfs! So she is in small flats and some small fitteds I made.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congratulating you Tara on a great birth ... Little Megan! Will be praying the ppd stays far away!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Had one week appt today, and Emerson has heat rash, thrush, and a food sensitivity. Poor baby! Either the thrush or food sensitivity probably explains some of his bouts of fussiness lately and his inconsolable crying yesterday evening. So it is off the dairy for me...

The good news is that he has already grown an inch and is only an ounce under birth weight! And with the two hour total car ride, he only cried the last 10 minutes! Phew!