Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Kelbel81906
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Bottom covers gentle elastic?

I desperately want to answer, but I know you'll think my opinion is skewed no matter what I say I have used BBs with 3 kiddos now and love them! They've fit my little ones from about 9 pounds till they PT out of them at 32ish pounds. If you want a lot of options, be sure to check diaper pin reviews on them.

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I never used them because I heard they were very low rise for a OS and better for skinny legs. My LO has a huge rise and chubby legs.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel81906
I desperately want to answer, but I know you'll think my opinion is skewed no matter what I say I have used BBs with 3 kiddos now and love them! They've fit my little ones from about 9 pounds till they PT out of them at 32ish pounds. If you want a lot of options, be sure to check diaper pin reviews on them.
Do you have any action pics on an older and smaller baby? Interested in these, too.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
Kelbel81906
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
Do you have any action pics on an older and smaller baby? Interested in these, too.
The first post in this has a picture of my son wearing it at 9 pounds (it's the red and white diaper). Below is a link to a picture of my middle son wearing it just before he potty trained.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5439559_n.jpg
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
kristinco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like them well enough, but aren't my favorite. The leg elastic is not gentle like the flips. It works okay with a folded prefold but doesn't have any flaps to hold them in. The gussets work nicely, but again I think these would be too tight for a chubby leg baby. It'd be worth trying one, but I wouldn't go crazy buying a bunch until you tried it I got mine mostly for the orange/blue color (Go Gators!)
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
vanilla_girl
Registered Users

I love them, they are my favorite diaper to use. I only have a very small stash, and I am afraid to buy more because I"m not sure if they will fit until potty-training ( I expect to PT later than normal, and he is already on the last rise snap at 10.5 months). I think I've only put a prefold in a few times, I prefer to use either the BB inserts, or the soft bums inserts. Never had a leak, well, once when I was very sick and didn't change him for a long time because I was having enough trouble staying alive! lol
The flips elastic IS more gentle I think, but the BB is so much trimmer in the crotch, which is a very big selling point to me.
vanilla_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have checked them out in the store, but decided against them. They are thick, unstretchy PUL. Also, my kids have big thighs, so the double gusset looked like it would be too tight on their legs as well.