Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
risata
Registered Users
seller

Re: Viva paper towels as liners??

No way would I flush them. Our plumbing can't handle flushable liners or wipes. I already just throw away the liners if they get pooped in. One nice thing about the Imse Vimse ones I use is that I can wash and re-use if they've only been peed in. I'm guessing a paper towel wouldn't survive through a wash cycle!

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

as far as washing paper towels goes it doesnt seem like they would last but i have actually found out (by accident) that the target brand baby wipes will wash over and over and over again. they are actually pretty soft once washed. my lo is stil ebf but we use them to dry his bum and repack them for traveling
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
I am "bad" and have always flushed mine. I only use one a day for the poop time. I've never had a problem, thankfully.
I'm jealous. DS2 and DS3 poop like 5 times a day. Thank goodness DS2 is PT'd
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses

Yikes, 5 times! DS has started pooping in the evenings the last 2 days (in addition to his morning poop) so my "charmed" life may be coming to an end, lol.

I actually have washed a Viva liner (thanks, DH!) and it came out all folded up, but completely in tact. Not sure if it was a fluke, but I thought that was cool. One roll has lasted me FOREVER.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Ladyflower
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post

I've got a super pooper too. I rarely ever use liners because I would have to use them for every diaper change since I never know when he'll poop. I would definitely not flush them. The only ones I will flush now are the Cutey Baby liners because they are very thin and small. I had some Kushies liners a couple years back - they were large, thick liners. I destroyed our toilet. Literally the second liner I flushed clogged in the trap and dh had to tear apart the toilet to get them out. Those cheap liners turned out to be quite expensive since we had to get a new toilet.
Ladyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Has anyone just used tp? I know plenty of ppl who use viva. They do not flush though. I think tp may work, I think I'll try it. It definitely won't wash though, but it will flush.
:-)
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
risata
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyflower View Post
I've got a super pooper too. I rarely ever use liners because I would have to use them for every diaper change since I never know when he'll poop. I would definitely not flush them. The only ones I will flush now are the Cutey Baby liners because they are very thin and small. I had some Kushies liners a couple years back - they were large, thick liners. I destroyed our toilet. Literally the second liner I flushed clogged in the trap and dh had to tear apart the toilet to get them out. Those cheap liners turned out to be quite expensive since we had to get a new toilet.
I use liners with every diaper change because I never know when DD will "produce" lol. But if they've only been peed in I wash and re-use multiple times until they start to fall apart.

Bummer about the toilet. Our house-to-street sewer line totally clogged up when we used flushable wipes. It was AWFUL. We don't flush anything stronger than t.p. and the occasional tissue now.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
risata
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post
as far as washing paper towels goes it doesnt seem like they would last but i have actually found out (by accident) that the target brand baby wipes will wash over and over and over again. they are actually pretty soft once washed. my lo is stil ebf but we use them to dry his bum and repack them for traveling
This is good to know too, I love Target wipes!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyme
Has anyone just used tp? I know plenty of ppl who use viva. They do not flush though. I think tp may work, I think I'll try it. It definitely won't wash though, but it will flush.
:-)
I would think tp would fall apart in the diaper and stick to baby's bits.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by risata View Post
This is good to know too, I love Target wipes!
plus when my cloth wipes molded in the diaper bag i just used the target kind and so really im getting outting wipes and liners. even though you have to pay for them i figured it was worth it because im getting many uses out of them and i dont feel so bad because owen is 10 weeks and i still have the original wipes...plus im sure if you dunk and swished or sprayed them it would come off like a breeze